Chapter 25: Pain

(Yoongi's POV)

15 minutes passed rather slowly when we finally heard a knock on the door. Namjoon answered it, as I had finally managed to get Lyra to sit on the bed with me while she continued to cry. I hated seeing her cry, hearing her sobs was the most heartbreaking thing to me. Joon waved the officers in as he finally hung up with the operator. He carefully explained the situation to them and walked over to Lyra's phone which was set on the table the hotel's tv was seated on. He picked it up and handed it to me so I could unlock it, I quickly slid my finger across the face of the phone, entering the pass that Lyra had given to me. The phone lit up and I found the text messages and handed the phone back to Joon. He showed it to the two officers who were patiently waiting. They looked over the screen and looked over at Lyra.

"Miss, we're going to try and find your friends. We'll do everything in our power to make sure they're safe." The taller officer who was holding Lyra's phone said with a serious look in his face. I don't want to say I doubted they would, but I doubted they could. They let a man who had a violent history out of jail, and then they fail to find him?

"Thank you, officers." Joon said and the two men exited the room with Namjoon following behind them. I assumed Joon wanted to hear from their own mouths what the chances would be they could get Lyra's friends back without harm. I rubbed Lyra's back and kept her close to me while we waited for Joon. After some time he opened the door, stepped inside and shut it behind him. He kept his eyes on the floor, biting on his bottom lip. He looked to be deep in thought.

"Well?" I asked in hopes he would indulge me on what he was thinking about.

"You should get Lyra into bed, and then come see me." He said plainly. I couldn't read the expression on his face. No matter how hard I searched for some hint of hope or something to make this pain in my chest ease up. I nodded because it was all I could do, and slowly tried to help Lyra to her feet.

"No." She said plainly, she had stopped crying and she lifted her head. She didn't look at me, she turned her head and looked down. Wiping her eyes with her hands she continued.

"We have to find them... I must find them... It won't be them, they're useless. They won't start looking soon enough, by the time they start they will be dead." Her voice was irrationally calm, slightly monotone. She then lifted her head and looked to Joon then looked at me. I could see it in her eyes, I wouldn't be able to tell her no. Joon moved over and grabbed his phone.

"The picture looks like a warehouse or some place with a large open basement. Lyra do you know any place your father could get to that has something like that?" He asked her. She paused, thinking. Looking at her hands and then she turned to Namjoon.

"He used to work for a carpentry company here in the city. I think they had a few warehouses down by the canal." She said and turned back to me. I petted her hair and pressed my forehead to hers.

"Then let's get going." I said calmly, keeping my eyes locked on her beautiful orbs.

"We're going to need something to arm ourselves with." Joon said as he tossed on a dark shirt from his bag and grabbed a black pair of jeans and went into his bathroom. He had the right idea, dark clothes would be best.

"Let's go change into some darker clothes like Joon." I said to her as I stood, taking her hand with mine.

"We'll go change quickly Joon, meet us in the hall!" I yelled to the bathroom door, and Joon responded with a quick 'okay' from the other side of the door.

I led Lyra back to our room and quickly searched my bags for dark clothes. I tossed an extra black t-shirt and pair of deeper blue, almost black jeans to Lyra. I grabbed a dark blue shirt and black jeans, then tossed my black hoodie on over the shirt. We exited the room once we were fully dressed, meeting Joon already in the hall.