Chapter 10

After school me and Betty walked home. Alice and Hal, won't be home because they had something to do. 

Betty unlocked the front door and as we stepped in, I sighed and said "finally we can relax a little bit-" but Betty her hand on my mouth so I would shut up. It took me a minute to understand what was going on.

We heard footsteps from upstairs. Someone else was in the house. Betty's eyes winded and I quickly turned on my phone, ready to call the police. Betty shook her head.

"dad? mom?" Betty said kinda loud. No answer. We both went upstairs. The sound was coming from Betty's bedroom.

I bursted in and a blond girl screamed.

"Polly?!" Betty said confused as she saw the other girl.

"You scared me" Polly said and took a shaky breath.

"were are the twins?!" Betty asked.

"I had them Betty.. " the girl said and smiled.

"Really?! Does mom know?! What are their names?"

"Juniper and Dagwood" she answered.

"you named your babies Juniper and Dagwood?" I said and chuckled.

"who are you?" Polly said and crossed her arms, glaring at me.

"I'm Grace Jones, nice to meet you" I said and gave her a fake smile.

"Jughead has another sister?" Polly said confused.

"ugh, its complicated..I'm the daughter of FP and Alice, your mom." I said. Polly didn't know what to say. It was a bit awkward. Betty finally spoke.

"why are you taking your stuff away?" Betty asked.

"I'm officially going to live in the farm." she said.

"What?! Did you tell mom or dad?" Betty was freaking out at this point.

"No. But you can tell them" she said and smiled.

"Polly are kidding me?! They are going to be so upset!" Betty said.

-
It's been an hour since Polly left.
Hal and Alice were back home.
Betty said that they need to talk so we all sat at the kitchen table.

She told them about Polly and her decision. Tears started to fall on Alice's cheeks. Hal was not saying anything, just sitting there, staring at nothing. He is unbelievable! He wouldn't even comfort his own wife!

I hugged my mother tight. "Mom.." I said. "Dont cry about Polly. I get that, you love her and care about her but she made her decision. She doesn't want to be here anymore. And I dont think that you could change her mind."

"Grace is right." Betty said and hugged us.

"I love you, we love you" I said and hugged her even more tightly.  She nodded and smiled a little.

-
A few days went by and everything was back to normal. Or at least, that's what I thought.

Today it was Picken's Day. We all went to the big event. It was a bit boring, yeah. Until the Serpents showed up. They had tape on their mouths and some of them were holding signs with 'Honor this land' written on them.

Toni had a microphone and started saying that the Picken's day is a lie. Hiram Lodge went up to the stage and said something too, I wasn't paying attention. Jughead was pissed.

But yeah, anyway, I really wanted a break. I decided to walk a bit further from everyone else. What could possibly go wrong? I'll just walk into the woods for a minute and then I'll go back to the festival. I smiled at Sweet Pea, who was looking at me while I walked away.

The weather was cold but nice. I looked the trees around me and
took a shaky breath. It was so peaceful. Then I decided to walk back to the festival.

I had a feeling that someone's following me. Nah, I'm just being paranoid. I walked a little more and then stopped again. I turned my head back to see if anyone is behind.

A few meters away, there was a man, definitely not young. He was dressed normally, like any other man would. But he was hearing a black hood. It can't be him, I thought. No way, someone is just trying to pull a prank on me, I thought again. Run Grace, run!

I literally started running as fast as I could. My heart was beating fast, my hands were shaking.
But he caught me and pushed me, making me fall down on the ground. "please no, n-"

His left hand covering my mouth so I couldn't scream. He had a knife on his right hand. And with no hesitation he stabbed me, right down on my stomach. He just left running.
I looked down and my shirt was filled with blood.

Sweet Pea, Fangs and Toni ran to where I was.

"Oh my God!" Toni said and her eyes winded.

Without even thinking,Sweet Pea quickly curled his arms around me as I groaned in pain. "Who did this to you?!" Sweet Pea said and placed his hand on my cheek.  He was worried but mostly angry. "I swear, I'll kill him with my own hands".

"th- the black hood" I said. Fangs and Toni looked at each other for a second. Blood was dripping everywhere.

I felt a little dizzy. "Sweets,I'm not feeling so good" I said trying to keep my eyes open.

"No, no, you have to stay awake!" Toni said loudly, looking at me worried. "what's your favorite color?!" Fangs said nervously.

"seriously Fangs?!" Toni said.

Sweet Pea placed his hand on the wound, trying to stop the bleeding. "ouch" I groaned

"I'm sorry,im sorry! Are you okay?"  he said freaking out. When I looked him in eyes and slightly nodded, his face softened.

"Fangs!! Get help! Now! Hur-"  I heard Sweet Pea yelling and then everything went dark.

-