Chapter 25

GRACE'S POV
I hung up the phone and put it in my pocket. I did survive the first time he tried to kill me. I will survive now too.

I immediately started running, running as fast as I could. My heart sped up and adrenaline pumped through my veins.

Sadly, the black hood was fast and managed to catch me. He grabbed my arm and shoved me to the ground.
Before I could even fo anything, he clenched his fist and punched my face.

I spit out blood and groaned in pain, touching my cheek. I'm okay, I thought.
I tried to convince myself that I was going to be fine. That I was not going to die, tonight.
And with positive thoughts running through my head, I stood up with all the energy I had.

Suddenly, he kicked me hard in the stomach. I fell on my knees, as I coughed more blood.
"what do you want from me?" I asked, ignoring the fact that I was in so much pain.

He took out his gun and pointed it directly to my face. I steady my breath and try to calm the panic. The left side of my face still hurt pretty badly. Swallowing thickly, I decided to speak once more.

"w-why are you doing this?" I asked, holding back my tears. He did not answer, nor move.

"why are you killing innocent people?" I asked again, looking at him with terror.
He angrily took off his black hood, revealing his identity. I stood there in shock, after realizing who he actually was.

"Hal? ..this can't be possible..." I mumbled to myself.
Betty's father?
Hal Cooper? That is why his green eyes looked familiar. Who would've imagined that behind that creepy black hood, was Hal Cooper? No one would ever suspect him.

"Riverdale is not innocent! It's a town of hypocrites, degenerates, and criminals. My wrath is the price of your lies, your secrets, your sins. I will not stop, I cannot be stopped!" He shouted, making me stand up slowly and take a few steps back.

"Are you saying I'm a sinner? what did I fucking do?" I questioned. His mood changed in seconds. A huge grin appeared on his face and a giggle escaped his lips.

"what did you do? You've done a lot of bad things, Jones. You have sinned. And now you are going to pay for that"

He was just about to pull the trigger, but I threw my hands in the air and yelled.

"Hal wait! Don't-",

"Enough!" he yelled, making me slightly jump. "any last words?"

"Yeah, um... I-I have one last question. and you have to answer it", I said, trying to distract him and win some time. Hopefully, the police and Sweet Pea were coming soon.

"you, killing all those sinners.. does it worth it? Do you think that the town's future is going to be better?"

And then I remembered. I have a fucking gun with me. Reggie gave it to me, hours ago, in case something went wrong!

While Hal Cooper was successfully distracted, talking about why and how he was doing a great job "cleaning" the town,
I quickly pulled out Reggie's gun and pointed at Hal.

"If you shoot, I'll shoot too" I warned him. But he didn't seem to care at all. In fact, he laughed.

"goodbye you fucking slut," he said.

And then,

Bang.

Sweet Pea's POV
I stopped the car and got out of it as soon as possible. Police cars were all over the place.
My heart racing fast, as I looked around to find Grace.

Sheriff Keller bumped into me. He seemed nervous.
"Oh, hey kid. Are you okay?" he said and gave me a questioning look.

"did you caught the black hood? is Grace alright? where is she right now?" I asked panicking.

"calm down, Sweet Pea. Grace is fine, she's just a little shocked. She is right there" Mr.Keller said and pointed at her.

"thanks" I quickly replied and ran up to her.

"Sweets?" She said and gave me a weak smile.
"oh God, Grace" I whispered and I wrapped my arms around her tiny body. She buried her face in my chest and hugged me back, tightly.

"you scared the shit out off me, you know that? I was really worried about you! If you weren't alive right now, I would never forgive myself" I said and then I took a step back to look at her. She was shivering.

I quickly took off my leather jacket and gave it to her. "are you okay?" She just nodded and looked at me in the eyes.

She had a huge bruise on her cheek. I gently placed my hand on her cheek and kissed her.

GRACE'S POV
The kiss was soft but it was passionate. As I cup my hands on his neck, he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"I love you" I whispered to him after we both pulled back for air.
"I love you too," he said and gave me a smile.

Sheriff Keller appeared out of nowhere. "Grace, are you okay? Do you need me to call a doctor? Are you injured?"

"Thanks, Sheriff, but I'm fine." I said and grinned.

"here, take some water," Kevin's dad said and handed me a water bottle. "if you need anything, just tell me, okay?"

"yes, thank you" I replied.

"she needs some rest, Sweet Pea can you take her home?" Kevin's dad asked.

"of course, I will" he answered and nodded. The Sheriff left, leaving me and Sweet Pea to talk.

"can you tell me what happened?" I asked her and kissed her forehead. She sighed and started to explain.

"We wanted to save Cheryl from the Sisters Of Quiet Mercy......"
...

"..and then I shot him, on his stomach," I said and he nodded.

"that bastard deserved it! I mean..He stabbed you once. And Betty's dad is the black hood? that's...crazy"

"yes, Sweet Pea. What is she going to do when she learns the truth about him?" I said, with sadness.

"Let's go at my trailer, alright?" Sweet Pea said and stood up.

-
-
-