Chapter 2: Mystery Number

Ali.

"This is my lair! Now leave!" The girls ran away quickly the moment I caught them reading their love story books in my lair. "Do they even know who I am?" I saw one of their books on the ground. "Psh, Shakespeare?" I kicked it to the mud. "Lame."

"Hey Ali-woah... Why is that book on the mud?" Asked my big brother/best friend. He picked it up.

"Ew."

"Shakespeare? Romeo and Juliet? Seriously?  Let me guess, you threw it there?"

"I kicked it where it belongs. Besides, those girls shouldn't be reading that kind of book. It poisons their mind. When they grow up, they'll act as if their life is one of those fairytale stories."

"What's wrong with that? Don't you want to have that kind of-"

"The hell no! That is for weak kids, okay? Not for me."

"Okay then. By the way, class starts in 5 minutes. You coming?" I stopped for a while. "As your bestfriend, I encourage you to come, this time. You missed class for 3 consecutive days."

"Actually, I miss making fun of our teacher. Let's go. I don't want to be late." I got my bag.

"Well, that's new." We went straight to our classroom. "This is the first time, I heard you say that."

"I always say that."

"Yeah? When?"

"Our gang fights." I grinned then sat on my chair. "Rule no. 3, never be late."

"Really? Then what's rule number one and two?" There are actaully 10 rules, but I prefer to follow the three.

"Second, be tough."

"Isn't that the first rule?"

"No, of course not. The first one is, never ever care about your feelings and your opponent's feelings."

"Really? Who made those rules? He's no longer a person I think."

"Right, because I made them and I am no longer a living person because I am already broken and dead."

"Is this becuase of your 'past' again?" How dare he bring that stupid thing up? "I'm sorry."

"Can you shut up? You know how I hate that story. I don't want you talking about it, again. Are we clear?" He nodded. "Good. Don't make me mad at you because I don't want to curse you."

"Yeah, I shouldn't. If there's anyone who wanted to curse me, I'd pray it isn't you."

"Good thing you know." Our teacher went in. I think 2 of my classmates greeted her and the rest, including me, ignored her. Because she's so boring and she doesn't know how to teach properly. She shouldn't have chosen this job.

"So um, the-the lesson, today is, um, is about.. Where's my book? Where did I put that book? Yeah, is um, just a second."

"She still needs time to find her friggin' book? Didn't she prepare? Again?" Said one of my classmates.

"Hey!" I yelled at her. "Aren't you gonna teach us? How long should we wait? A minute or two? An hour?" I stood up. "Come on! You should be prepared already? Is this the kind of teacher we want?!"

"No!" Answered my beloved classmates.

"See?" I sat on my chair.

"That is really disrespectful Alison. I've been pre occupied since last week, that's why I haven't prepared for this lesson. I am doing my best to teach here, but you are making my job worse."