Chapter 10: Hate Your Haters

Ali.

"Thanks for driving us home again, Blue. Ingat ka." Ulch, what the heck?

"Sige. Una na ako." Then, he left.

"Are you both, always like that? Like, that close and sweet?" 'Cause it's sickening. If only she wasn't my sister, I would've beaten them up already.

"For two years, I guess. I really really treat him as a brother, but I never told him I treat him like that 'cause he will totally be mad or he won't talk to me." Seriously?

"A brother? How original, Niya." I went inside our house.

That is never different from everything I have heard. If you're friends with someone, you treat him like your brother. Like me and Tyler, but I treat him more like a gang partner 'cause if I treat him like my brother, he'll totally act like one of those spoiled bratts.

The moment I entered my room, he, called me. "Great timing Ty." I answered his call.

"Ey, why call Ty?"

"I have a surprise for you."

"Wow, okay so, what else?"

"Aren't you even excited for my surprise? I forced my parents so that I can give you that surprise, but it sounds like you didn't care about it, at all."

"Hey Ty, you know how I hate you saying you have a surprise for me. And how dare you tell the surprise to me, before hand?"

"Oh, yes. That's my mistake. Well, see you, soon."  Okay? He ended the call.

"Soon? As in he'll see me soon? What does that guy mean? He'll come here? But that's impossible 'cause his parents will never allow him to go here." Ughh, I don't want to think about this. Guess, i'll just wait for that surprise.

Someone knocked on my door. "Alix? You here?" It was just Niya.

"Obviously. What do you expect?" I opened the door. "What do you want?"

"Nothing. Just want to remind you that you have to practice talking in Filipino, starting tomorrow. It's an order from dad actually." The heck? "Did Blue give you the dictionary?"

"That friggin' Filipino dictionary?" I got my bag and checked if, "Yep, he did actually put this inside my bag. What do you want me to do with this?"

"Of course, kailangan mong matutunan kung paano sabihin ang mga salitang iyan. Kung naiintindihan mo naman ang mga Filipino words, that means, hindi magiging mahirap sayo ang pagbigkas sa mga ito."

"No thank you. I, am not interested. I'm not really into studying Filipino. Not ever." I closed the door immediately. She'll force me if I still keep on talking with her.

--
The next morning, I was woken up by my wonderful alarm clock. Wait, since when did I have an alarm clock? I never bought one. "I don't need this." I threw it in the trash can, where it really belongs.

"Alix? Are you up?" What?! I need to go to bed. Like seriously, my alarm clock's stupid enough to wake me up. It's still five in the morning. "Guess not." Yeah Niya, you better leave. "It's okay Jaimee. Maybe you're still trying to figure her out. Maybe someday, she'll treat me like a real sister. Sana."

"A sister? I've always wanted to have a sister, but not like her. She's super famous. She even became the representative of their school in that contest. She's like this, little miss perfect." But still, I should accept the fact that I have a sister.

I stood up and took a bath, wore my uniform and went downstairs. "Oh, Alix. Good thing you're already up. Surprisingly." I sat on one of the chairs. "Guess what? I made you pancakes. I just finished cooking it so, it's still hot." Hmm, looks nice, smells nice, guess it tastes nice. "Oh, what syrup do you want?" She got six bottles of syrups with different flavors.