Chapter 7: New Badass

Ali.

"Ali, Jaimee, can you join us for a moment?" Niya and I went inside mom's room. I just saw mom's sweet smile. I'm curious, what if she was with me, since birth? I wouldn't end up like this.

"What dad?"

"Ali, Jaimee, can you sit beside me? I want to have a mother-daughter talk for a while." I may really hate my dad, but my heart just turns soft when it comes to mom. Niya and I sat beside her.

"I'll wait outside." Dad went out.

"Mom, how are you feeling?" Asked Niya.

"I'm really feeling alright. Now that my family is here. Now that Ali and Pete is here, you are here, I couldn't ask for anything else."

Is this how it feels like to have a mom? She's like the sweetest person I know in my whole life. "I don't know mom but I really feel happy to see you too."

"Thanks Alison." Quietness was all over the room until mom broke the silence. "Jaimee, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure mom, anything."

"Can you take care of Alison while she is at your school? Me and your dad decided to let Ali study in your school. I want you to act like a big sister, eventho Ali came out first."

"I'm studying here?"

"You can't just skip eleventh grade Ali." That's reasonable.

"You can count on me mom."

___
After a couple of hours at the hospital, we went home. The black car which dad's friend used to fetch us from the airport was outside the house. "I didn't have the key." said his friend.

"Oh, yes of course. Salamat pare, kami nalang bahala dito." Dad's friend left. "Can you help me with the baggage Ali?"

"Certainly." I got my things, only, and waited in front of the house. Then dad opened the door. "Our house was bigger."

"Ali."

"Where's my room? I need to rest." ...and sneak out later to have dinner.

"You'll be sharing the room with your twin." What?! Okay, this is unbelievable.

"Dad, I am not sharing a room with her. I need a room. My own room. I need privacy, okay?"

"I can't let you use your mom's room. Besides, Jamiee's room is bigger than your room in Australia. It could also help you know each other better. Well, good night my twins." He just went straight to his room.

"Ugh, I hate this!"

"Alix, chill. You could sleep in my room and I'll just sleep here on the couch. How's that for you?"

"Fine. At least I don't need to share." She gave me the key to her room.

"Wait, um, please don't touch any of my things. They're kind of memorable and also, privacy. Can you do that?"

"Of course I can. I don't care about your things." I unlocked her door and, voila, her room is twice bigger than my room. "This is huge." I sat on the bed. Just the right bounciness.

I arranged my things on top of the table. Of course I don't want to put my clothes inside Niya's closet. I might see pastel colored clothes inside. It's sickening. I changed into my black shirt and sweatpants and went to the kitchen.

Surprisingly, Niya was there. "Oh, hey Alix."

"Guess we're both hungry. I haven't eaten for a day." I got a cake which I didn't know where it came from, and okay, cold noodles. This is better than nothing.