31

Jin's POV

I could not even begin to describe how ridiculous I felt. All this time I was complaining about feeling left out when these two boys were losing their mother. It made sense now, why Namjoon clung to him so much, it's because they both shared the same pain. The pain of losing a loved one.

"Jin hyung!"
I turned around to see Yoongi and Hoseok running towards me, completely out of breath. "We came as soon as you told us that she died.", Yoongi said, still out of breath, "Where are they?"

I led them to the room which Namjoon and his brother were in. Yoongi immediately went over to comfort his friend who was still in hysterics whereas the other boy was much calmer, sniffling every now and then.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed as I felt a sharp pain in my side. I turned around to see Hobi glaring at me. Before I could ask him why he elbowed me he grabbed my arm and walked out of the room.

"Hobi what the the hell is wrong with you!" I exclaimed as I pushed him away from me.

"What the hell is wrong with you hyung! First you forcibly stayed back at the hospital, then you just let them cry by themselves. You should've done something to make them feel better. Their mother died hyung!" Hoseok exclaimed. I know he's right but I feel so shitty trying to get Namjoon's attention when his mother was on her deathbed and just not caring about his brother at all that I didn't want to go and disturb them.

"I know Hobi, it's just that they both share the same pain and I want them to have these moments with each other without any interference. I don't have to physically be in front of Namjoon or talk to to him for him to know that I'm here for him right now." I told him to which he looked shocked but then quickly smiled at me.

"Let's go back hyung." And with that me Hobi made our way back to Namjoon and I wasn't surprised to see Namjoon still crying loudly. It pained me so much to see him like this. I felt so helpless because I didn't know how to make him feel better. I chose to stay standing at the side and watch whilst Hobi also made his way over to Namjoon and consoled him with Yoongi, and then I realised that his brother wasn't there.

Slightly concerned, I left the room to go look for his brother. After about 5 minutes I saw him crying by himself near the window and before I knew it I was right next to him with my hand on his shoulder. "You don't have to think that you're by yourself." I tried to comfort him to which he quickly wiped his tears and took a deep breath, which got cut off by his hiccups. I gave him a sad smile. I understand that he must be really upset. I mean, Namjoon is in hysterics and he wasn't even that close with his mother, but this boy has spent all of his life with her. 

"Do you miss her a lot?" I asked. he nodded slightly and then began to cry which made me pull him in for a hug. "I understand, the two of you must have had a really strong bond." , I said whilst rubbing his back. He pulled away and shook his head mumbling something that sounded like "no" and honestly I was a bit shocked at his gesture.

"What?" I asked unsure of what he was saying no to. 

"We weren't close. At all." he whispered quietly, "She never spent any time with me. Whenever she saw me she would lock herself in her room and scream at me from the other side to go away. My existence suffocated her. To her, Namjoon hyung was the only child she had and she couldn't give that space to anyone else. She searched for Namjoon hyung all the time. She would go around the house calling his name. The guilt of leaving him behind ate her inside out. She never accepted me as her child. Ever." 

I didn't even know how to console this poor boy. He spent his entire life with his mother whilst longing for her at the same time. I didn't know what I could do to make him feel better so I just gave him a sad smile. You're so lame Jin. That's all you can do for this little bunny. I felt useless for the 100th time today. Honestly i felt like crying too, until my brain clicked and I had this amazing idea. 

"what's your name?" I asked the boy. he looked up at me from underneath his bangs.

"Jung-hic-kook" He quickly covered hid mouth in embarrassment causing me to chuckle. 

"Well Jungkook, I'm just gonna call a couple of people over to brighten the mood, okay?" I told him as I walked away whilst getting my phone out. I dialled a number and after three times someone answered.

"Hyungieeeeeeee!!!"

"Taehyung, Jimin, I need you guys to do something."