01| Going back

1- Going Back

"Zooni are you done with the packing or not?" Mamma shouted from downstairs
"Yes Mamma I am almost done"
"Do it fast we need to leave or else we might loose our flight"
We were going back to our Hometown. We live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I remember going to India when I was a kid and it's been a long time since I have visited India. So we were going back forever leaving this beautiful country behind.

I quickly packed everything and went downstairs where my family was waiting for me, mom, dad, sister and brother both were elder than me so yes I was the youngest in my entire family. Being the youngest comes with perks as well as cons.

We stuffed our luggage in the car and settled down to reach the airport. My father wasn't going to accompany us since he work here in Riyadh and didn't get holiday for the travel so it's just me, mom and my two elder twins. Yes Amir Syed and Amirah Syed were twins, Amir being the eldest by just 2mins. Unlike other twins they both were very close to each other sharing each and every thing leaving me all isolated and alone. I always wanted a smaller sibiling too with whom I could also share everything and play along and have a wonderful time just like the twins. But I just end up playing with myself.

Look while taking to you I reached the bus which would take us to the Airplane. All the necessities were done and now we were in the airplane ready for the takeoff. I fixed my hijab and tightened the seat belt. Mamma sat beside Amir while Amirah beside me.
The journey begin and my stomach churned with excitement that I am finally going to India and I would get to see him after such a long time.

I closed my eyes smiling on the thoughts of seeing him after such a long time. My sibilings as well my cousins always excluded me from all of their conversations and all the fun they have saying I am quite small to join their group. He was the only one who cheered me up and played with me. He actually pampered me a lot and is my favourite person among all.

He was and is my superhero. Together we used to watch all the superhero movies and Stayed up all night planning pranks for our cousins.

I soon drifted off to sleep after eating the dinner. The plane landed after 6 hours. He was going to come pick us up. We gathered our luggage and spotted Aahil chachu waiting for us along with him Zaiyaan. I felt soo happy seeing him that I wanted to run towards him and hug him tightly and say thousand times that I missed him soo much but I know I am a grown up now and I know my limits according to our islamic rules and regulations.
So I quickly ran into Aahil chahu's arms hugging him.
"Assalaamualaikum Chachu"
"Walaikumassalaam beta" he said kissing my forehead.
"Kaisa hai mera baccha? (How is my child?)"
"Alhumdulillah chachu I am fine, How are you?"
"I am fine too by Allah's will"
"Chachu I.."
"Humse bhi koi mille (someone meet me also)"
I turned towards him smiling broadly and replied "Assalaamualaikum Zain bhai"
"Walaikumassalaam loki" he said patting my head. As a child I was soo mischievous that he started calling me Loki after the fictional god of mischief and that makes me feel special.

"I missed you soo much bhai" he is 3 years older than me.
"I missed you too" he said smiling. I went forward so that other could meet them too.
"Assalaamualaikum" I turned to see Zain bhai meeting Amirah in a whispered tone.
"Walaikumassalaam" she replied shying. And I don't know why but I felt something inside more like anger. I didn't want to ruin my mood so I shrugged the thought away.
The remaining members too greeted and we soon left to OUR home.

The car journey was full of conversations and laughter and me being me I was continuesly sharing all my experiences in Riyadh with Zain bhai.

"Zooni his name is Zaiyaan not Zain" as usual Amirah interupted me.
"Zaiyaan is such a big name, it's better to call him Zain. I always call him. Zain bhai do you have any problem if I call you Zain bhai?" I asked him.
"No, Zoon I don't have any problem you can call me whatever you want" I gave him a huge grin and turned to Amirah.
"See?" She just shrugged me and I turned towards Amir bhai.

"Zain Bhai I have been talking from this much time, aap bhi kuch bole(you also say something)"
"You are talking even my part, I actually missed you blabbering like this"
"Haaww I don't blabber" I said hitting him on his arm.
"Ofcourse you don't" he said with sarcasm. Oh how mush I missed our talks!

We reached our home within an hour. All our family members were middle class and well established. Our house was quite big because our grandfather, dad and Aahil chachu joined their incomes and savings to build one big house for both the brothers.

Our arrival was welcomed by the rest of the family in which Amna chachi came forward and hugged my mom and kissed mine and Amirah's forhead "Assalaamualaikum, kaise hai aap sab?, safr main koi takleef toh nahi hui na? (How are you all? Hope you were fine during the journey" as usual Mamma replied "Alhumdulillah Amna everything went just fine"

we went and greeted all other elders and cousins. The house was fully decorated and lit with fairy lights well not only because we came after such a long time but also because it was Zaveriya baaji's marriage with Ahad bhai. Zaveriya baaji was Zaiyaan brother's sister while Ahad bhai was my cousin from my elder Phophu (Father's sister) and I was excited like hell. Because I don't even remember attending any family marriages before so maybe this is the first family marriage I"ll be attending.

"You all must be tired go and freshen up I"ll serve you food" Amna chachi said and I forwarded my steps to my room upstairs dragging my heavy suitcase.
"Here I"ll take it" Zain bhai came forward to help me with my luggage. "Thank you bhai"
He stopped in his tracks "I am not helping, go and help yourself"
"But why bhai?" I asked completely confused.
"From when did you started saying thank you to you friend?" He said raising an eyebrow. I smiled remembering our promise as kids to never say sorry and thank you to each other since we were best friends.

"Ohooo, Okay fine I"ll repeat, gustaakhi maaf huzoor. Now help me cause I cannot lift this heavy suitcase"
"Yah comone now, what did you actually stuff in you suitcase that it looks heavier than others'?"
"Well since we came back forever, they were soo many things that I didn't wanted to leave there so I think I brought nearly everything"
"Haaye Allah" he said and I laughed. He was as dramatic as me.

"Here is your room, freshen up and come down"
"Sure bhai" with that he left leaving the door closed. I let myself fall on the bed feeling happy and satisfied.

Kuch khushiyon ki shuruaat hui hai,
Gum ka aana hai namumkin.
Jaane kab tak ye ehsaas rahega unsuna?
Jaane kab ye ishq rahega unkaha?..
_____________________________

Assalaamualaikum Ishkians
This is my first love story. Hope you like and and please do like and subscribe to encourage my writings and modifying me into a good writer.
Thank you

Until we meet again💜

Ishq-e-khairaat ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें