04| Chand Raat

4- Chand  Raat

Song: Tere bina jeena- Rahat Fateh Ali khan

"ZOONI COME DOWN AND HELP ME"
"NO MAMA I WILL SEE THE MOON FIRST AND THEN ONLY COME DOWN"
I was upstairs on the balcony trying to spot the hidden moon. New moon will mean EID! I am standing here from past 2 hours and this kambakhat moon didn't show itself up yet. No I wasn't tired but was very impatient to see the New moon of Shawwaal (10th month of Arabic calendar). Baba was home Eid holidays, he actually surprised us by showing himself up at the door just exactly one week after we came.

As soon as I saw the white beauty scattering it's illuminating rays through the dark clouds I ran downstairs.
"MAMA CHAAND MUBARAK, CHAND DIKH GAYA, BABA CHAND MUBARAK, AMMIJAAN CHAND MUBARK, I SAW THE MOON"
"Zooni slowly ya Allah you will hurt yourself" Zaveriya baaji stopped me on my tracks.
"Are Zaveriya baaji aaj mat roke ( Don't stop me today, Chand Mubarak" I kissed her cheek and ran to Baba not before receiving the greetings back from Zaveriya baaji.
"Chand mubarak Baba"
"Chand mubarak mera baccha Chand mubarak"

"Chachu, Chachi chand mubarak"
"Chand mubarak Zooni" they both greeted me back.
I went to mama and greeted her too and then went to Zaveriya baaji's room where both Zaveriya baaji and Amirah were present. They were both trying there new bangles that's when I realised that I didn't have any bangles which would go with my eid dress nor any jewelry to wear. Then my eyes landes on their hands which were coloured with Mehandi.

"You people applied Mehandi without me"
"It's Not our fault you went to bed early yesterday"
"It's not fair, no Mehandi, no jewelry and no bangles, I won't celebrate Eid tomorrow"
"Arey Zooni what is there to be upset in that I will tell Zaiyaan to take you to the Chand Raat Mela (fair)"
"Really?"
"Come on Zavi no need to stress Zaiyaan to take her out, by the way Zooni i will apply you mehendi and you can wear any of my jewelry"

"No ways Amirah i still regret the last time I allowed you to apply me Mehendi cause you literally destroyed my hand plus this eid is very special for me so I don't wanna wear any old jewelry"

"Don't worry Zooni, come with me" Zaveriya baaji took me to Zain bhai's room.
"Zaiyaan take Zooni to the Chand Raat fair she hasn't bought any jewelry and she didn't evwn apply Mehendi yeaterday"

"Mehendi is acceptable but is it necessary for you girls to buy jewelry for each and every occasion"

"Yes ofcourse Zain bhai it is, now get up and take me to the fair"
"What if I don't?"
I replied with a smirk "Then I will complain to Aahil chachu"
"Ya Allah Zooni stop being a Loki, i will take you but let me freshen up first"
"Jaldiii (fast)"
****
The fair was lit with lights and pleasure, it was completely filled with women bargaining at stalls and children craving for candies and sweets.

I ran to the bangle store. "Hey ZOONI wait" ignoring his callings I stood in front of a small stall. My eyes immediately landedon aa green and silver combo bangle pack.
"Zain bhai aren't these beautiful?"
"Indeed they are. How much is the cost brother?" He asked to the shopkeeper.

"These are 600 rs but ma'am these bangles are smaller than your size and is the last piece I have got in this color"
Zain chuckled behind me and then mockingly held my wrist, "Yah right brother she have fat hands"
"What no! I don't" He was embarrassing me in public. I hate him for always making fun.

"Fine then we will go to another shop" with that I literally dragged Zain bhai to 5 more stalls and yet I didn't get any satisfied bangles and at last he lost his patience, "Oh come on ZOONI you have dragged me to 1000 shops till now yet you didn't find one bangle" he became all moody and stood at a corner.

Ishq-e-khairaat ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें