27| You Will Be Okay

Your response in the last chapter made me really happy, I cannot describe how grateful I'm to all my readers and voters 💞
_____

No proofread:-

Everyone was busy working while I was locked up in my room pretending to study, I was also able to skip lunch making an excuse saying, 'I hate heavy breakfast' mom didn't give much attention like she usually does because she was all worked up

It is Zain and Amirah's engagement today

But I didn't find the confidence in me to be involved with the activities that revolve around them.

Because it pains me to see them together, maybe it is selfish of me to think this way but love as a feeling is selfish and I can't help myself to get put of this maze I created myself.

I have two more papers left to graduate, so the thoughts of 'what to do next' swirled in my mind. I'm pretty sure baba was planning on getting Zain and Amirah married by the end of summer so I was stuck in the dilemma of deciding what career I would opt for which would also help me be far away from home.

Because now home is a place where I could smell Zain's adoration and love for my sister, I cannot help by envy my own blood. How I wished Zain would look at me like he looked at my sister. How he would hold my hand and tell me I was his. I always dreamt of living my life with him but now that he wasn't in my reach I don't know what my dreams are anymore.

And as established earlier there is no way Zain would ever choose Amirah over me

But how I wished he did

When I broke in front of Haaniya baaji after hearing the news of their nikah she held me in her arms, probably pitying me, but it felt good to share the feelings which  I wanted to bury in my heart. It felt like a huge burden was off my shoulders as I cried in my cousin's embrace. Since that day Haaniya baaji would always check up on me to ensure I was doing alright. It melt my heart seeing someone cared about me. But the pain wouldn't subside no matter how hard I tried to forget and let the feelings go.

But it's not easy

Later that evening Haaniya baaji and Zaveriya baaji came into my room. They squealed after saying that we were going to get ready together. I smiled at how cute my elders sisters are and how everyone in the house is happy with the current arrangements

So maybe I should try to be happy too

It was nearly night when the ceremony began, since it was just engagement only our close relatives were invited. Haaniya baaji and I were serving drinks and snacks to the guests, Zaveriya baaji insisted to help was but we let her rest since she was pregnant.

Zain was already seated on the sofa, he was looking Ethreal in the grey suit he was wearing, his blue eyes sparkled when he spotted Amirah baaji. My heart clenched, chest aching, I tried to pry off these bad feelings but I wasn't able to succeed.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Ishq-e-khairaat ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें