25| Busy Schedule

VOTE PLEASE🧡

Cherry blossoms that bloomed during spring withered under the scorched sun rays of summer. With finals around the corner Zooni had her nose buried in books learning day and night not leaving any subject behind so that she won't fail in ANY subject unlike the last time. To onlookers it would seem that her concentration was solely on her accountancy book but little did they know along with the burden of passing her exams she also fought with her emotions. She would read two line from the textbook and then her mind would drift to the thoughts of Zain and every time she thought of him the memories of his love confessions replayed like a broken disc and with every thought she would feel a pang in her heart followed by silent tears.

Zooni never bothered taking her studies seriously because she believed that once she grew up she was going to marry her cousin aka her best friend Zain, taking her future for granted she never once thought about the opposite. A girl in love madly believed that she didn't need anything except for him, she had visioned herself with him, nothing else mattered. But now that Zain was slowly drifting away from her dreams her father's warning rang in his ears,

"If I see you failing in any exam am going to stop your studies and get you married!"

That scared her to death thinking of marrying a man which was not Zain gave her nightmares. One thing she realized while crying herself to night was that she was so blindly in love that she didn't even for once saw that she have given herself completely to a man who would never reprocate her feelings, a man who was in love with her sister.

Therefore one night she came to a conclusion that she would never fall in love again, never give herself to people who were going to break her without realizing their mistake, and marriage now to her was a foreign topic she didn't dared touch Atleast for the near future. One thing she knew was that when her father threatened her, he was serious so to avoid marrying the only escape for her was to study and pass her exams, if anything with good percentage.

Apart from becoming completely involved with her books her attitude suffered a little change as well. Whenever anyone spoke to her about things that included Zain or Amirah she would talk back, and come out as rude. Now that was something she didn't realize until one day when Haaniya had asked her help to plan a little date for Zain and Amirah without the knowledge of their parents.

"Don't you have anything else to do apart from butting in other people's life?  I have exams and I want to STUDY!' Haaniya's expression was completely morphed into disbelief and her eyes was the clear sign that she was hurt by her words.

Now that Zooni thought about it, having a mug of coffee in one hand and a blue ball pen in other, she regretted lashing out on her sweet sweet cousin, and the expression on her favourite sister made her curse herself for coming out so rude. She didn't intended to hurt Haaniya by her bratty attitude but she did and to rectify her mistake she agreed to help Haaniya with her plan ignoring the constant pain in her chest.

'I'm sorry Haanu baaji I shouldn't have spoken to you that way, to make up for my mistake I'll help you with planning t-the d-date' Her heart melted seeing how pure her cousin's heart was that she forgave her immediately

'It's okay Zoons I know you're stressed because of your exams, but don't be sad and disconnected baby it hurts me to see you like this. You can talk to me if something bothers you okay?' she smiled at her and ruffled her her. But only if she could actually share what's bothering her, but it isn't easy you see. And the thing she was mostly worried was what if she judged her?

Nobody knew about her feelings for Zain and she intended to keep it that way by burying her unrequited love in her heart. Now that she believed the theories of getting hurt in this feeling she started to convince herself that if the process is true then she would be free of this pain soon but only if she try.

With a small smile she nodded at her cousin who in return beemed like a maniac thinking of the plan she created

"Good, I've everything planned all you've to do is follow me. Understood?"

_____

Qismat Mein Dard Likha Tha
Isliye mohabbat ko chuna
Khushi k talaash Mein hote
Tou khud ko akela paate

Chaahat hoti tou phir bhi jee lete
Na uski aankhon Mein gum hote
Na baaton k nashe Mein khote
Mohabbat thi isliye uski yaadon
Ko dafan kar roz marte rahe

_____

Short chapter (a filler)

Ramadan is going to end soon :'(

So here's the deal :-

Make this chapter reach 40 votes and I shall update the next chapter

Till then;

Take care

Stay safe

Peace out ✌🏻

Ishq-e-khairaat ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें