32| Amirah's Plans

We didn't complete the previous chapters votes but I didn't wanted to keep you guys waiting any further. So this chapter is dedicated to all my voters :3

__________

Amirah's POV

I love Zack

I love Zack?

Why on earth did I lie about this? Out of all the lies or acts I could say I had to tell I love a person whom I've despised since the day we met? His cocky attitude and obnoxiously flirty behavior is not something I'll fall for!

I agree I didn't wanted to be the barrier between Zain and Zooni's love story. Yes I did hear their conversation, it's true that I didn't had any problem in marrying Zain. He's a good man, will be a great husband but I didn't love him, nor did he loved me. I was a bit hurt knowing he had feelings for my sister and that he will be rejecting me but my ego didn't let that to happen. I don't want him pitying me so I had to lie. I don't regret though but I do feel stupid for taking Zachariah'a name like this.

And now I was wrecking in nervousness. I don't even remember being this anxious during my entrance exams or even my finals. But now that Zain and I have decided to talk to our parents without any delay, internally I'm screaming and throwing a fit but outwards I was calm not wanting to show my nervousness in front of Zain.

Ameena chachi sat beside me on the bed with Ammijaan next to me and my parents right across us. Aahil chachu was on the armchair and Zain was standing beside him leaning on the wall.

I wanted to laugh at Zain's expression who was visibly sweating out of nervousness but it'll be pretty ironic if I actually do that because I myself was not in a very good condition seeing how baba was currently seething in anger.

'bachchon ka khel dikhra hai kya hai tum dono ko? (is this a child's play for you both?) one moment you want to marry and the next you don't? Haan Zain bolo (yes Zain tell)' I visibly flinched under his harsh tone.

'This is my decision Baba, I'm not yet ready to marry him. When he asked you to marry me in front of everyone I couldn't refuse proposal. And then I thought maybe I could make this work because obviously that's how all arrange marriages work I didn't have any problem with that. Lekin meri aur Zain ki soch Mein zameen aasmaan ka farq hai( but there is a huge difference between our ways of thinking). He wants a partner who'll play the role of a house wife and not a working one. But I've invested my blood and sweat in building up my dreams of becoming a doctor and I won't be compromising that for anyone. If I ever get married I would want a husband who will support all my choices and decisions and wouldn't expect all the compromises from my part.'

By the end of my not-so-planned speech I was a nervous wreck and internally praying that they don't misunderstand me, 'Is that true Zain? Why haven't you said anything about this before?'

Zain looked at me with that look in his eyes that said, 'When did I say that I've problem with you working?' I returned his stare with a pleading look more like asking him to go with my words and not to mess this up by denying the lie I had just told. I know Zain never had any problems with me working in fact he is a very supporting man and respectful at that but we had to feed some lies to end this I suppose because no way am I letting me blurt out that he loves Zooni while I bear feelings for Zack (but ofcourse that's not true) because I don't want us to be forced into a tie which we probably would be if they sense we are playing games with our own parents.

But there is no other way to break this marriage, it would be a disaster for Zooni especially if ever mamma and baba got to know the truth

'I've my own preference regarding my life partner ammi, I was ready to compromise to an extent but Amirah is not comfortable with me. I think I shouldn't have gone with my instincts and asked her for marriage, I think Amirah wasn't ready then nor is she ready now and I want to respect that' man! Zooni will surely be lucky if they get married but I guess Zain will be luckier cause Zooni is one in a million. They'll be prefect for each other I hope their love conquers.

Ishq-e-khairaat ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें