35| Zooni

Warning⚠️:- long chapter ahead

2 years later

Summer sunlight scorched the passerbys as the hot weather was at its full spring in California, a season Zooni truely despised. She missed the rain of her country. The smell of monsoon brims romantic feelings even to those without a heart and the touch of those watery pearls reminds her of her love.

It's been two years she registered, taking a sip from her coffee, now standing by the glass window she observed the expensive vehicles running constantly on the road, the busy life of the city leaving no space to remember a kin. A content sigh left her lips. So much has changed in these past years but she was proud of herself, and how much she built herself into a confident and independent women.

Though content and happy there was something missing in her and that was the part she had given to her love, Zain. Even after these two years he still remained in her, the memories still so fresh and full. But where once she had regretted everything in her now she owned her every flaw even the heart which she had willingly given to him. Yes she was still in love but she wasn't hurting anymore and the once obsessed feelings were now faded into light ombres of love that stayed hidden in her, protecting her heart into giving it to anyone else

What has changed in her life?

Well now that she looks back to her first day in the beautiful city of California that she soon fell in love nothing much changed. From the moment to her first day as an intern in 'Wecore' to the day of her very first interview and everything that happened in between, she grew through all the phases.

She didn't change, she just grew up

Life for Zooni was never easy even during her internship she had spent sleepless nights to complete her assignments, Aasiya Khaala (or as she would call her madam during work) wasn't an easy women as her boss. She was a women of perfection and expected the same from Zooni. There were moments when she wanted to give up out of exhaustion but the progress she made kept her inspired.

'Hey sis it isn't a time to get lost in your dreamland we've a flight to catch' Amirah especially motivated her to become the best version of herself. She regrets the time when she envied her sister but now it was replaced with immense love and respect. Amirah never once broke nor did she allowed Zooni to break. She was the awe how Amirah was so positive and always radiated positive energy like sunshine on a warm spring day. Zooni watched her sister bury herself in books and assignments so lost in her studies that Zooni had to drag her and feed her healthy food and force her to sleep but with the sunrise she would be back on her feet and went through the day with a smile in her face. Both the sisters rented a dorm and did their own works but they were each other's backbone throughout the tough times. Neither of them leaving the other in need of help. Amirah would drag Zooni's anti-social soul and take her to college parties and restaurants with her friends who reminded Zooni of Uzma and Alman, they often messaged her and stayed in contact.

'Why am I always the driver whenever you girls need a ride?' Zooni shifted her attention to Zachariya who was driving them to the airport. He has become a good friend over time and was very supportive. Once came a day when Zach had realized that Zooni's heart will always belong to Zain. He was hurt even angry that the very first women he lost his heart to has silently rejected it. But he was a human who had the capability to overcome his feelings something Zooni wished she possesed. She admired the change in her once fiesty cousin who was now sincere with his work and succeeded his father's business. Any girl who would marry this new version of Zachariyah will be really lucky, Zooni can swear on that.

'Because we don't have a car and renting a car is a waste of money so you are OK ur only free option' Amirah Said, 'That is so mean' though Zachariya was sweet and humble towards Zooni he would be a complete flirt with Amirah, old habits die hard, that's what Zooni thought.

Ishq-e-khairaat ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें