Chapter 8

After helping my brother unpacked, I decided to wander around the house to find the dining room that I was supposed to report at nine every morning. It was almost like an adventure with the amount of space there was in the mansion. I walked down a flight of stairs and I reached an area. In the middle of the room lay a huge dining table. The table stretched very far, covered with a white cloth. Around it stood around 20 chairs, 2 at each head and 14 along each of the sides. There was a door at the side of the room which opened up to a smaller space. In the middle lay a smaller dining table with only 10 chairs.I was startled when someone walked into me.

"Oops, I'm sorry ma'am.I didn't mean to. I was in a rush and-"

"Nevermind,"I said, cutting her kindly.

"Oh by the way if you're not busy, mind if I asked you for a tour in the house?" I asked.

"Wait a moment here, I need to check something first, if you don’t mind," she replied.

I nodded as she went to the end of the room and opened the door. From my view I saw a counter with some food that was already cooked.behind the counter was a layout of a kitchen, a few chefs were facing the counter as they focused on cooking. The lady from earlier talked to one chef and went out after she was done. She walked towards me and bowed.

"This is the dining room for guests and that opened door at the side is the household dining room, "she explained as she pointed to the bigger room and then at the small dining room.

"Come with me down towards the basement, where the wine cellar is," she added as she walked to the kitchen.

"Actually I'm afraid-"

I was cut off as the lady was far ahead of me. I ran towards her and thought maybe it does not really look like a basement since it is a wine cellar and all and I really hate confrontation. We went down the stairs near the kitchen and were greeted by shelves after shelves that were filled with wine. Near the stairs there is a door made of metal, it was closed shut.

Curiosity took over me as I moved to open the door. It feels like the room beyond the door is calling me. I grabbed the handle and opened it. Luckily for me it was not locked at all. Beyond the door was pure darkness. In the far corner of the room lay a single bed with only a thin blanket. At the nearer corner of the room laid a grandfather clock. The middle of the room is filled with toys.

The toy looked familiar, so familiar almost like it was part of my past.

"YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OPEN THAT ROOM!" the lady snapped as she quickly closed the doors of the room. After realising what she had done she quickly bowed multiple times.

"I'm sorry.It's just that I don't want to get in trouble. No I mean that no one is supposed to open the room's door," she said as she bowed.

I was concentrating on only half of her words as my mind was filled with memories as another personality emerged.

Start flashback

"That guy fell sick and cannot wake up after causing this trouble,"

"We are not going to tell her about her real father"

A bright light seeped through as the door opened. Footsteps of the man were heard as he slowly made his way towards a girl. Beside the girl is a boy, he was standing up.

"Sorry Dad, I was wrong,"

"DAAAD,"he cried.

The cries were mixed with various shouting, the boy and the girl continuously weeped. The man continuously cane the girl, the boy hugging the small girl.

End of flashback

"Ma'am, Are you ok? I was wrong, I shouldn't have shouted at you. I'll keep it a secret but you have to keep it silent too," she said.

I scoffed.

Stupid little girl she cannot even stay strong after a few memories.

"Whatever bitch, let's just go. Don't have to hide it anyway I've been there for most of the time," I said as I made my way up.

Look at this, everything is so similar. Just where they used to be. I have no trouble at all navigating through the house. I reached my room and started changing my clothes into a grey long sleeve crop top and black shorts. I walked out and bumped into someone in the corridor.

Ahh my new person. Lai Guan Lin.

"Guan Lin! Long time no see. Do you miss me?"I said.

He looked at me. Shocked and surprised showed on his face and then smiled.

"Oh Ji Hyun, you are the one grandfather said that is going to live in this house. Surprised to see you here. I was expecting someone else, not my deskmate" he said as he smiled, somehow excited to see me.

"Yup! However, you got it wrong, it's Bin Hyun and I say how about we go and have fun while I'm out," I said.

"Not today, since dinner is coming and we are still in the house, we cannot skip it,"he said as he shook his head.

"Fine but if I'm not here tomorrow then forget it. Ji Hyun doesn't deserve time with you,”

I went into my room and quickly wrote a letter as I allowed another personality to come out and play. Obviously I don't like my time being taken away but she's dying to come out. After all, it's been so long since that bustard girl is crying at her newfound memories. Who to blame though? She isn't strong herself. If I'm wrong then why are we here to put up with her own past because she was weak obviously.

I sighed and rolled my eyes and let the next personality come out. It hurts like shit as this personality likes to come slowly, letting me be in pain.

"Yass! Finally bitches" I exclaimed until I realised that the previous persona was Bin Hyun. Oops I will definitely suffer later.