Chapter 10

“Wait, your eye shade changed. Is it normal? I swear it was a darker brown as we left the house," he blabbered.

"Umm...I'm Jin Hyun and yes. It's part of the disorder," I replied to his questions.

"It's late, let's go home. I mean can you lead me to my house?" I asked.

“You mean our house?”

-

We entered the house and I quickly ran up to my room. Actually, why did he say that he lives here too. I felt suspicious for a moment before I saw the letter. I immediately panicked again. Did she see it? All the times I spent with Guan Lin? I do not notice that Bin Hyun has her eyes fixed on him. It did not calm me when I saw that the letter was directed to Ji Hyo. Did she do anything with my brother? Oh shit, he must be uncomfortable. I immediately wrapped myself around my blanket as I thought of ways to cover up any mistakes they have made or attempted.

I woke up to my alarm. I walked to my closet. I decided to try the new light blue skirt and light pink t-shirt that was bought for me. I looked at the clock and realised it was reaching nine in the morning and decided to go down for breakfast. I reached the dining room and found my brother there with Guan Lin. They were laughing and talking to one another as they ate. I sat beside my brother and started putting food on my plate.

Just as I was about to eat my grandfather came in. I realised they all stopped eating and stood up. I also followed along. We greeted him and he sat down. We all also sat down after him. Just as we were about to continue another man came with a girl.

"Yena," Guan Lin let out as he glared at her.

"Grandfather! Good morning," the girl said in a bubbly tone and forced a smile.

The man only nodded at grandfather and sat down with the girl. They started putting food on their plate and started eating.

"Your favourite son is not in his best condition and you insist on putting his child as the next heir. There's a reason why he kicked her out," the man said to grandfather.

"To summarize it, you are just trying to tell me that you want to be in her position. Respect your brother will you?" grandfather roared at him.

"He is already dying. Why not just put me instead? Doesn't that make more sense?" he replied.

"Sir, We are getting late for school, we will head out soon," Guan Lin said as he quickly bowed to the elders and gestured to me too. I bowed at them too and left the room.

We walked out the door of the mansion. A car was already waiting for us.We got in and went to school. We got down from the car and a whole crowd of people, both boys and girls, was waiting for the popular kids. We walked towards the school gate. Lots of girls were glaring at me as I walked with Guan Lin from the car to the gate.

Guan Lin pov

Jin Hyun waved me away as she walked towards her friends. I walked towards my locker. I found my two new friends by their locker, Bae Jinyoung and Lee Daehwi. Both were taking out the letters and packed lunches they received from their fangirls.

"Heyyo Guan Lin!" They greeted me as they walked towards me, hands holding two bags containing letters and lunch boxes.

"I saw you with a girl, care to explain?"Jinyoung asked.

I just smiled and opened my locker as I helped myself put in my own letters and packed lunches in the bags they were holding. 8 members walked towards me. They are my hyung that took care of me when I came here. I met Kang Daniel and realised we have the same interest. He then began introducing me to the others.

-

I waved my friends off as I began to walk home until I saw a figure I recognized.

"Ji Hyun!" I called as I caught up to her.

"Let's go home together,shall we?" I said as I put my arm on her shoulder and walked with her.

She does not protest as she inserts her earpiece into her ear.

Ji Hyun pov

We arrived home and I was called to the office through a maid. I knocked on the door and entered.

"Ah! Jin Hyun,"

"You would have to learn accounting and other stuff related to business," he states.

He whispered a few words to Mr Kim and dismissed both of us after he passed a few files to Mr Kim. We walked to another room. It turned out to be a small library a bit bigger than my room.

"So for starters you would have to learn all the names of the people in the higher ups," Mr Kim said as look through the files.

"Mostly consist on your uncles,"

He pulled out a red file and opened it.

"This is Park Yeo Won, your uncle, I'm sure you recognize him. He came for breakfast this morning,"Mr Kim said.

"He is one of the directors.You have to be careful of him. He is looking forward to taking the CEO position,"he continued.

"It doesn't make sense though, I'm still too young to be taking over the CEO position," I let out. I thought it was a joke at first and I'm only here because I want to know about my past.

"Oh you will take over your father's position and you will only have to hold out until he heals," he explained.

"Yea, about my father. Where is he and what happened?"