Chapter 21

I frequently visit the place to see if he is awake or not. I could not come alone and often I went with Mr Kim to get a pass into my father's room.

This time I visited with Guan Lin. According to him he did not remember his father. His childhood memory was erased and he did not see his adoptive father after his adoptive father fell down and injured himself.

Both of us entered the room and Mr Kim waited behind. I approached the bed and Guan Lin followed after.

Guan Lin pov

"Dad I was wrong...Dad hurt me instead .....Dad I’m sorry.....please spare her...." the boy said repeatedly.

"You should have listened to me if you don't want to hurt her,"

"Dad I was wrong...DAAD!"the boy cried and pleaded on the floor again and again.

The sound of cries was prominent in the room. The boy only claws at his father hoping to somehow stop the father from hitting the girl with the cane. It was a mess, everyone shouting the children can only cry as they desperately call for mercy and help. But, no one came.

I feel weak with that memory.

"Guan Lin are you alright?"

After I gained my momentum I inched closer to him. No way am I going to let him survive. He has hurt both of us physically and mentally. My hand reached for his throat, upon impact, I started choking him. I can feel Jin Hyun panicking at my side.

She shouted for Mr Kim and Mr Kim came and pulled me away from the bed.

"Guan Lin! It's not his fault! Yes he did beat both of you up but he only vented his anger. He didn't realise it, did he? He doesn't know that it would affect you both dearly," Mr Kim replied.

(5 months after)

I visited the hospital again. It's been 5 months since I did this. Almost everyday I spend my day here other than the occasional visit to the company and meetings. I felt a weird feeling this particular day.

I sat there staring at him.The occasional thoughts filled my mind. Why did he do it? Who hurt him?

Inside me I felt someone laughing. Like they love the scene in front of them. In my thoughts, I felt something moving. I looked over and saw my father awake. His hand slowly moved to reach for me.

"Ji Hyun, I’m sorry ,"he said, his voice sounding hoarse.

Mr Kim came in to take me home. I avoided my father's touch. I walked away with Mr Kim home.