~Prologue~

At that moment, everything went quiet, the painful type of quiet that I always feared. The type of quiet when no one knows what to do and everything seems to be in despair. For a second my mind couldn't register anything. It was like everything has stopped, like as if someone snapped their fingers and paused the time. I couldn't remember what went so wrong in the past half an hour, so fatal wrong. I looked around me and all these people, they had a terrified expression on their face with their lips and eyes wide open, some on their phones, calling. I turned my head to look straight in front of me and there stood a masked man with his gun pointing right at me.

I stood there in the middle of the concrete road, staring right in front, I didn't know what's going to happen the next second, I don't remember how I ended up in this situation. But suddenly I could hear someone calling my name and my breath got caught up. I looked at my right to see a worried and terrified face more like a scared expression. He called out to me again with the voice that I was so familiar with, the voice that I could listen to for hours and hours. 

Bang 

I closed my eyes as the loud voice echoed through the whole street with an inhumanly loud scream and everything fell silent. The cars that were going by stopped and everything just fell peacefully quiet. Silence hung in the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shatters on the ground. The silence was like a gaping void, needing to be filled with sounds, words, anything. The silence was poisonous in its nothingness. The silence was eerily unnatural. Silence clung to them like a poisonous cloud. Silence seeped into their every pore, like a poison slowly paralyzing everyone from either speech or movement.

I slowly opened my eyes and that's when my heart skipped a beat and everything fell back to place, the cars started moving, the people were frantically screaming and calling out but my attention was only focused on the face of the boy I loved who stood just inches away from me. I tried to sense if there was any pain in any part of my body but there was none. My hands started shaking and finally, everything hit me at once. 

"Taemin..." He said in a hoarse voice "Are you okay?" He asked, gazing at me and I nodded but just when I opened my mouth, trying to find my voice to speak something I felt a heavy load on my shoulder and my eyes widened as my trembling arms grabbed the body that was so warm against the cold winter and fell back on the concrete road with it. 

"Hey..." I raised my hands to shake him but it was covered in blood. "Hey, M-Minho..." I shook the half lifeless body in my arms as I stare, unable to move, unable to believe this was happening as the blood gushed out from his wounds. "No," I whisper, feeling the blood soak my shirt. "Don't leave me! I mean it!" I look around frantically "Someone call the ambulance." I exclaim as one of them frantically search his phone to call when I felt a hand sightly tug at my half-blood soaked shirt. I looked down, grabbing the other's soft cold face in my hands and nodded my head "Stay with me okay? Everything's going to be alright." Tears started spilling my face as I slightly pushed his brown bangs covering his forehead to the side "I'm so sorry this is all my fault. I'm so sorry." A sob left my lips "Please, don't leave me."

A smile appeared on his lips as he weakly nodded "Taemin... promise me..." He took in a deep breath "Y-You're going to leave all this..." Shaking my head I placed my finger on his parted lips "We can talk about this later. Don't talk... Just don't close your eyes okay?" The injured boy took in a long breath as the blood gushed out of his wound and with a smile, he finally gave in. 

I couldn't hear the ambulance coming. I could only make out its blurred shape through my bloodshot, puffy, crying eyes. I stared as I watched the life drain out of my loved one's eyes. He went pale and limp. As a pair of strong hands pulled me back into the blinding light of the ambulance I still didn't move. His body was channeled onto a stretcher and into the ambulance with me. I grasped the white sheets that crinkled beneath me and I clung to them as I would to the lifeless body before me. The drips and beds rattled as the van sped off to the hospital. 

I held the pale hand tightly in mine like he would leave if I didn't hold on. My heart started beating faster as the minutes ticked by and only one thing went on in my mind.

He was something lovely that I discovered by chance.

Was it worth it? Or was I never meant to find him?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooookaaayyyy that was intense but yeah this is just a prologue. I'm going to make it like a short 10-12 something chapter fanfic. I never really wrote a fanfic except that one Justin Bieber cringey fanfic back when I was 12 which I was never able to finish because yeah it was cringey af so yeah I'm excited to make this fanfic but ahhhh idk hopefully yall like the prologue and tell me how it is and of course criticisms are highly welcomed so yep!

Thanks for checking it out!!

Love yall!