Chapter 1

My family had moved to Forks WA last year. Since then my older brother Liam graduated and is now in college and my mother and I joined my aunt her, twin sister at the bakery that they now owned and operated together.

I was now in my senior year at Forks High School, a TA in my AP History class. I was also on the soccer team and the photography club. Before and after school I was either at the bakery, or helping take care of the wildlife my mother and I were licensed to care for and release most of the time. I did have friends and of course twin cousins who were in the same grade as me Josh and Jordan and their little sister Julia who was sixteen . They also helped at the bakery and were on the football team with my hard crush. Jacob Black.

Not far into my junior year there was a bad storm that took out the La Push high school for the local Quileute tribe. Jacob Black and many others came and ended up staying due to low funds to fix the school. Jacob with his stature and mega hot looks rose in the ranks quickly. He had been a pretty sweet guy at first, but then as he grew and was apart of the football team the more girls noticed him and he took advantage. He now was one of the two La Push letches much to my displeasure.

On a typical Wednesday I got up early and helped my mother with breakfast and caring for all the animals before showering and getting ready for school. My cousins came up in their shared vehicle and parked next to my nineties light blue Ford truck. " Here's that book your wanted to borrow from dad " Josh told me passing it over. " Thank you" I sang as I went ahead of them to  trig.

After that awful class was my favorite, history. As the TA I had the pleasure of helping the teacher and listened in fascination and hoping the new tall, blonde, and grey eyed New Orleans   charmer would stop looking at me like I was something for him to conquer . Once that we over it was English, definitely not one of my faves. It's only saving grace was Jacob, except for when he's swallowing some skank whole from his seat a row away. I blushed and looked away from their horrid display of PDA.  When the teacher cleared his throat uncomfortably they finally stopped. Once Lauren, his flavor of the last several days was seated and taming her tousled bottle blonde hair the teacher began his lesson on the dreaded Beowulf.

I took notes as I always did, that is till I felt a poke on my arm. I ignored it figuring it was some stupid pass the note thing. Whoever it was did it again and I huffed quietly and turned to see that it was Jacob. Keeping my cool while my stomach flipped I arched a dark brow and mouthed what?. He pointed at my pencil and I rolled my eyes pulling out another sharpened one from my pocketed iPad zippered case and passed it over. He smirked and winked at me before beginning to write and letting me pay attention.

After class I dropped off my books and backpack before going to the cafeteria for lunch. I went through the line grabbing a cesar salad, a slice of pizza, a brownie, and a bottle of water. Once I had my food I went to my regular group of friends. Angela and her boyfriend Ben, Mike because he had a crush on Bella, and her Boyfriend Embry Call. He was from the reservation like Jacob and a close friend of his. As we talked I covertly looked over at Jake's table seeing that he once again was all over Lauren. His hands were everywhere as were hers, " How much longer do you s'pose he'll keep her?" Mike wondered pulling me from my longing and sickened watch. I raised a brow " I give it one more day " I figured blushing at being caught. Embry chuckled lightly " your probably right" he said eying me as I fixed my eyes on my food.

Being jealous wasn't going to get me anywhere so with a sigh I pushed my thoughts of Jacob back and focused on my friends and food. I wasn't his type, and frankly I didn't want to be. After lunch was year four French, then government again with Jacob. He sat in front of me, so kudos to me for being able to have any brain function, let alone being able to pay attention at all when I can watch his back muscles and shoulders to his narrow waist from his tight wife beater shirts and long black hair.