Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I held her all night , at sunrise I woke like usual and chuckled feeling a smile hitch my mouth . Stevie was sound asleep , her dark hair a halo across my chest . Her breath soft and rhythmic from her sexy mismatched pout . Her little hands on my chest and around my neck . I kissed her head , inhaling her warm October , mint , and sage scent . She sighed softly and snuggled into me .

Carefully I transferred her to the bed and rolled out , pressing another kiss to her pout as she slept and gave Shade a pat before climbing out her window to go get dad up and check in with the pack.

I couldn't believe she said yes when I asked her to marry me, and felt so honored that my sweet imprint trusted me so much.

Visiting Old Quil yesterday afternoon I got our marriage license . I hand't wanted to have to go far just in case , so I was happy that her could legally preside .It wouldn't be long now and Stevie would be mine .

I hadn't told her what Jared overheard from her father . He'd gone on about sending Stevie back to Montana to live with his brother if she kept seeing me . Her mother wasn't to happy about it , but I wouldn't put it past the man to do it with how much he despised me .

That's the one big issue with my initial plan. I hated how divided I had caused her family to be because she cared for me . My father I'm sure , knew that I was up to something . Really the only ones who knew were the pack .

After getting dad up and ready for the day I phased and checked in at Sam and Emily's . Quil and Embry cat called as I strolled in , I in tern slapped the backs of there heads making Paul guffaw around his muffin .

"Old Quil's gonna do it for us" I announced smiling like a fool in love , oh I was. " Bella's down with being Stevie's alibis again whenever you need" Embry said tossing me a muffin. I sighed "great , now just need to make it legal" I murmured .

Later I took my patrol shift with Embry before checking in on dad again. Stevie would be working at the bakery today with Julia and her mom and aunt while her dad , uncle , brother, and cousins worked at the garage.

When patrol was over I grabbed a shirt and pants from home and drove over to the garage Stevie's dad and uncle owned . He was under the hood of a Buick when I walked in . " Mr James can I talk with you for a bit?" I asked trying to stay respectful.

He stiffened as he stood to full height , but nodded as he met my eyes . Wordlessly he lead me into the office and shut the door. "Stevie doesn't know that I'm here" I began as he sat at the desk. "I know that you don't believe it when she tells you that I love her , but I do . She's made me want to be better for her . Your daughter is the best thing that's ever happened to me" I implored.

He sat there unreadable as I spoke and I fought the urge to shake him to his senses. " Stevie's told me what a hard time her mothers family has given you in the past . How demeaning , and close minded, and hurtful her grandmother is towards you even now. Like me or not ,I'm sticking around . I love your daughter more than anything and despite how I've been in the past before we were together Stevie loves me too" I told him meeting his glare . We stared off for a minute before I left , I had said my peace .

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~{*£¥*}~@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jake wasn't there when I got up , but he sent me a text later while I was getting ready for work saying that he loved me . Bella came into the bakery as I was getting off for my break so I got us some coffee and cookies before leading her over to a small table .

"So Jake told Em your plan , congrats" she whispered patting my hand in support. I let out a nervous huff " thanks Bella" I whispered smiling a little . " I'm sorry it has to be so drastic , but I guess you really don't have an alternative" she murmured. I shook my head and sighed " I wish it didn't have to happen this way . I love him , so of course I've imagined it and I'm excited too. I'm just worried" .

"And rightly so" Bella said incredulously . "I can't imagine Charlie not liking Embry , and his mom is great". I smiled "Billy likes me , apparently I spoil him with my cooking . Jake say's he grouches when he tries to cook unless it's something I've taught him. Mom's not bad with him either and Lee ,he's okay with us as long as Jake's good to me , and well you know the twins".

We giggled at that " well anyways , let me know if you need anything okay . Us wolf girls gotta stick together, Emily and Kim say so too" she told me lifting a brow . I nodded and thanked her before I had to go back to work.

Brad came in giving me a flirty wink before giving me his order and sitting at a table to watch
me like usual . The pig, everyone knew he was suppose to be dating Katie Marks now . I rolled my eyes and got it ready and sighed as I brought it over. "Enjoy" I muttered dryly and stepped away to go back to work. He grabbed my hand as I tried to leave and tugged me back to him . " I have to go back to work Brad" I hissed and pulled my arm away ,glaring as I went back behind the counter. "Sooner or later I'll grow on you" he smirked as he payed . I clenched my jaw " I can promise you that you won't" I told him sweetly .

Dad was in an even worse mood when we all got home . I steered clear of him like I had been and helped mom with dinner while Lee and dad relaxed in the living room. When I had done all that I could to help mom I grabbed a book from my back pack to study, since Lee had already set the table.

After the tense and quiet meal Lee and I watched a movie in the family room, it was Dracula ironically . When the movie was over I went straight to my room to study , more anxious as the days went on over when Jake and I would make it official.

Quickly we took care of the animals and I studied a bit more after getting ready for bed . A half hour went by and I sighed ,snuggling into my soft bed to read a more fun book and wait for Jake with Shade curled up beside me .

Soft warm lips woke me later and I smiled as I opened my eyes. " Sorry I fell asleep" I whispered into his kiss and smoothed my hands to his shoulders. He shrugged and brushed my hair back from my face " you need your sleep honey" he reasoned . I lifted a brow "so do you" I quipped .

He got a more serious expression on his face as he settled in beside me . " I went and talked to your dad today" he whispered and my eyes widened , " it went just like you would imagine" he said bitterly . I cupped his cheek feeling it's smoothness and wanting to take the torment out of his eyes. " Why'd you do it Jake , we both already knew how he feels . There's no need to torture yourself when we already have a solution. Albeit a dramatic one , but it's the right choice given the circumstances" I told him softly .

" I just wanted to be sure" he whispered as he laid on his side . He pulled me back into his chest and kissed my shoulder softly . As I started to go to sleep he whispered in my ear " be ready tomorrow night at midnight" . I squeezed his hand letting him know that I heard him , "I love you" I whispered . "I love you too Stevie" he swore and pressed a kiss to the back of my head "more than anything"