Chapter 8

JPOV

No matter what I did, I couldn't get that tiny brunette out of my head. My normal go to's for the night couldn't make me forget, football didn't help, or getting my hands in an engine.

Every time I saw her all I could think of was her smell, the softness of her skin and hair, the way I felt when she sighed my name or felt in my arms, or the feeling of her soft pout against my lips.

I knew she was different, I  knew she wouldn't change. I knew I wouldn't be able to be the same with her, but I couldn't let her go . I tried to get her out of my head, but I couldn't. Everything changed after we made out in that closet, and the more she came over the more I wanted and needed to know.

I could've decked Clearwater for kissing her in the pool and guarding her. And I could've decked Lefevre for holding her and trying to keep her from me. When she asked what I wanted from her all I wanted was to shout everything! because it was true. I just didn't know how to get there, how to make her understand.

The following week after the party I laid low knowing she was already mad at me. " Don't let  that girl go son"dad encouraged watching me get the house ready for when she arrived for studying. I gave her that time to cool off, but I watched her. I loved watching that bright brain work, and her dark blue eyes brighten as she worked.

That Saturday I was driving towards Forks and saw a small fawn with a doe that had been ran over. The fawn was still very small, so not very old. Some of the animals we get are hurt pretty bad and need round the clock care... she'd told me. I had a small box that I was going to use for car parts, but decided on a different use.

Carefully I approached the little fawn, it panicked a little but I caught it before it could get very far and put it in the box with a towel over it. I hoped that the James were early risers as I drove into their driveway.

Gently I grabbed the box and went to the front door. A guy about six three with dark brown hair and grey eyes possibly a little older than me answered the door. He looked at me and slurped some coffee, " mom, it's for you!" he yelled and opened the door waving me inside. I followed to the kitchen where am older version of Stevie stood at the stove flipping sausage patties and making breakfast burgers. " Stevie's friend Jacob, and he brought a little friend " he said and his mother slapped his arm.

" Behave Lee, hello Jacob" she said and waved. " Stevie is out in the barn. We got in some new cubs, so she stayed out there to watch them. If you want you can take your little friend out to her. This is her breakfast if you wouldn't mind, and I put another set up for you as well " she said and nodded towards the barn. " Thanks mam" I told her and headed out.

I knew exactly where to go and quietly opened the door. She's laid in the bed like an angel, her soft pout lax and her long lashes brushing her cheeks, her hair loosely braided over her shoulder . Her dog barked standing over her and she groaned " shush Shade" she whispered huskily from sleep and sloppily padded his head.

I set down the box on the counter and moved the plates setting them on the night stand. "Stevie? Wake up Stevie" I said gently and ran my thumb over her cheek. " Mmm" she groaned and started to blink and sat up slowly stretching her arms with a big yawn. I chuckled " Good morning to you too" l  teased and she gasped now wide awake.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

" Jacob, what're you doing here?" I asked shocked to see him here and blinked owlishly ," and you brought me breakfast?". He nodded" your mom sent me out with some for both of us. As for why, c'mere and have a look " he said smiling softly. Curiosity got the better of me and I grabbed my hoodie and slid my arms in along with my feet in the coffee cup slippers.

He smirked eyeing me up and down and motioned with his hand waving at my coffee themed pajamas " nice pj's" he teased and I blushed brightly smacking his arm, " shut up, so what's in the box? " I wondered and he motioned for me to look.

I lifted the towel and gasped " ohhh, you poor little thing " I cooed at the tiny spotted fawn. " It can't be more than a day or so old " I said. Jacob came up beside me leaning against the counter facing me. " I found it with its dead mother at the side of the road between here and La Push " he told me." Shh" I hushed it softly and started to examine it. " she's only slightly dehydrated and in great condition, she'll be fine to go in with the others once she's had a bottle of two " I told Jacob.

The fawn was fine so I picked her up and put her in a small pen we had ready. " You want to see something?" I asked Jacob, leading him to the other area. I pointed inside " mountain lion cubs, aren't they something?" I asked. He nodded" yeah" he asks softly, but he wasn't looking at them.

" I see where you get your mad chef skills from. I can handle a little cooking, but not like what you do at the bakery  " Jacob commented as we our breakfast burgers and coffee. " Thanks. You know I wouldn't mind teaching you a few simple meals, you know if you want " I told him sipping my hot coffee.

" You'd do that?" he confirmed arching a brow, I shrugged " sure, I don't mind Jake " I told him. He smiled brightly " you called me Jake, you never call me Jake " he said softly. I furrowed my brow and smiled " yeah, I did. We've known each other long enough to quit being so formal, don't you think?" I asked bumping his arm playfully. " Yeah" he murmured and wrapped his arm around my shoulders squeezing me into his side, " definitely". He rubbed my arm and kissed my head sweetly.

" Your answer that your looking for is everything. You changed everything, and I want everything with you " he murmured playing with my fingers. " Jake" I murmured and he kissed my head again. " And I'm sorry, about the girls,  about being obnoxious, everything. I don't know what I'm doing as far as a normal relationship goes, but I'm working on it for you if you'll be patient with me " he told me.

" If I can be patient with Jordy and Josh on the worst of days, I can be patient with you. And besides I'll have more of an incentive in your case " I told him surprised by what he told me . He angled himself towards me and gently grasped my chin turning my face towards his. He leaned in a little and his hair fell forward in a black satiny curtain. " Can I kiss you" he asked softly and searched my eyes I smiled and nodded. He smiled with me and closed the distance kissing me softly.

He gently deepened it running his thumb along my jaw and putting his hand at the back of my head. He gave my lip a soft tug and I sighed contentedly and held his shoulders as he brushed my tongue with his. He did that one more time before stopping and leaned his forehead against mine kissing my lips softly once, twice and I smiled as he kissed the bridge of my nose between my eyes. " I knew you were a sweet guy Jacob Black " I murmured stroking his face.

He smiled a little before getting serious, " just don't give up on me. You mean to much to me baby " he told me." I don't think I could Jake, you mean to much to me too " I told him.

After our revelation I brought Jake back to the house. My dad and brother were inside still. " Why don't you get some more coffee and I'll go get dressed, then I'll show you around" I told him and winked before going and getting dressed.

Coming back out Liam passed me a cup of coffee and I gestured for Jake to follow me. " Was my dad terrible?" I asked once we were outside. He shook his head taking my hand " no,  I mean I get it. And he told me I was your first boyfriend, so that makes it a bit more difficult. Don't worry about it, I deserve the mistrust at the moment till they see the difference " he told me.

I squeezed his hand " they'll come around, and you are my first boyfriend, my first kiss too" l told him. He looked down at me incredulously " seriously?" he asked and I blushed nodding. " I didn't want to date just for the sake of dating, I wanted it to mean something" I told him.