Chapter 15

After pulling up into his yard Jake palmed my waist lifting me out and carried me inside. He let me down in his room and I nervously sat on his bed while he rifled through his closet. He was different, taller, broader, his muscles bulged. His face more fierce and the planes hardened.

"I still have some of your stuff, why don't you take a shower, then we can talk" he said approaching me. In his hands was some of my clothes from when I had needed to change after getting soaked by rain and my small extra travel case. I took both gratefully, " thank you"I  whispered and headed into the bathroom noticing the shadow under the door and the low thud as he sat down.

I soaped up and washed my hair and face letting the hot water sooth me like a balm. When I was done and dried off I toweled my hair as dry as I could,  then let it do it's thing. I had left a red, navy, and white plaid flannel long sleeved shirt, a pair of ripped jeans and white tennis shoes. Lastly a second pair of glasses, I took out my contacts and put them away trading for the wide large navy glasses.

When I opened the door he was right there. " Hey" I whispered trying to smile though it wobbled. " Hey" he crooned slowly in concern and cupped my face tenderly then brushed his thumbs under my eyes catching tears. " I'm sorry Jake, I've missed you so much. I was just so scared after what happened " I told him thickly.

He pulled me into his chest tightly and it felt so good."No baby, don't be sorry " he murmured kissing my hair. " That night was so messed up, I'll explain everything okay?" he told me softly. I nodded as his scent calmed me.

Before I knew it I was being carried again.

Jake barked orders as he walked, his voice making his chest vibrate. It didn't take long before before he broke through the trees. " Where are we Jake?" I asked furrowing my brow at the house I didn't recognize. " It's Sam and Emily's place" he told me " I was wrong about them honey."

The door opened and another man almost as tall as Jake's new height nodded to Jake as we came inside. " What happened" a woman about my age asked as Bella and I were brought inside. " Leech thrall" Jake spit sitting with me in his lap. His hands rested on my hip and knee while I had my forehead against his neck and my arms free.

Another girl came in bringing a mug of something for Bella and shortly after the first with scars on her face brought a mug over to me. " Hey, Stevie. I'm Emily we can get to know each other later, but for now I brought got some Jasmine tea. It always helps soothe me " she whispered passing me the mug and patted my hand. " Thank you" I told her trying to smile a little.

Others gathered around and Jake quietly pointed the ones out that I didn't know. Jared the one who had held me earlier grinned and waved. Otherwise I knew Sam, Paul, and Embry besides Jake.

" Can you tell us what happened honey " Jake asked me tenderly as he tipped my chin to see my eyes. I nodded  " Jasper stares at me in school, but he and the other Cullen's  mostly kept to themselves. Tonight though I was surprised when he showed up at my front door.  My dad answered the door and encouraged me to go since I'd been studying so much. They'd been worried about me a bit so far pretty much pushed me into going.Bella and Edward were in the car already" I told them as they watched intently.

" When we got there they were all about showering compliments. Inside we separated Jasper asked to dance and I went with it" I said rolling my lips, "then what honey?" Jake coaxed brushing my hair back.

" I was thirsty and needed a break, so we went to the edges of the dancing area where the drinks were and I got some water. While we were there I started feeling warm and like the walls are closing in and Jasper looked at me really intensely and asked if I wanted some air.  My head felt so fuzzy like when you have a cold. He made me look at him and asked again.It was like I couldn't control my own reaction and then he was walking us out to one of the empty rooms. When he left me to shut the door, my head cleared and I was scared.  I backed away from him but he caught me and made me look at him. My head became fuzzy again as he breathed in my face " I said and my voice started to get thick and my face reddened. " He asked if I wanted to kiss him and somehow these feelings that felt separate from my own intensified and I wanted to kiss him " I sobbed and tried to get control of myself.