Chapter 24

The weeks following that first meeting were tense to say the least . Jake and the other wolves , even Sam were only one anger level away from tearing the Cullen's apart. Me and the other imprints did our best to ease their tension , but it was difficult.
"Honestly" I said in disgust as I rubbed Jake's quivering arm and looked back at Carlisle . " You ask us to trust you and you can't even control your own children" I spat. " We're only looking out for your best interest darlin" Jasper crooned and eyed me with a disturbing intensity.

"My best interest is none of your business" I hissed . "That's Jake's job as my husband and imprint and because he loves me with a passion you would know nothing about leech" . By now Jake had calmed down , resting his hand on my shoulder he squeezed gently and I stepped back letting him wrap his arms around my waist.

"Bella, love?" Edward begged pleadingly and took a step in her direction making Embry growl as Emmett grabbed Edward's arm. Bella looked at him with sadness and pity before taking Embry's hand , "what my sister said covers how I feel too Edward , leave me and Embry alone" she told him soft and firm.

I almost felt sorry for him , almost.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~{*£¥*}~@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It was spring time now , at the end of April . A small bump sat between my hips now as our twins grew, Jake loved it . He was forever caressing my small bump or kissing it when we were in private as he held me . Exams were brutal , and the school councilors pushed college . I had long since made plans on what I would be doing .

" You don't regret me keeping you here?" Jake asked one afternoon after school. "Of course not" I told him wide eyed . "Jake I had already made plans to take a business course at the community college and take over the bakery long before you and I were even dating . Don't ever think your holding me back" I told him vehemently . His shoulders relaxed and his smiled broadly , " I know you don't think that way , it's just that your so smart you could do so much more " he told me .

"I know that , but I've never wanted it. I want a simple life with the man I love and children . Maybe this life isn't simple , but I have what I want Jacob. I regret nothing with you" I told him . Pulling the car over on the side of the road he cupped the back of my head and brought me closer to kiss me passionately " I love you so much" he said against my lips , " I love you too" I told him softly.

After pulling into the dirt drive way and Jake cut the engine I went inside and straight to mine and Jake's bedroom . We had taken Rachel and Rebecca's old room and put in a kingsize bed , dresser , and rolling clothing rack for Jake and I with a small bedside table on my side of the bed.

Inside I stripped down to my matching lacy bra and panties taking off the bra that now seemed to small and made my sore breasts more sensitive and grabbed a pair of sweat pants that weren't so tight around my expanding waistline as my jeans . I groaned staring down at my body with a scowl. I heard Jake chuckle behind me before he came up closer . His heat met my back and he pressed a warm kiss to my shoulder and rubbed my arms with his heated palms . His muscled chest and stomach were distracting as they touched my back " what's wrong beautiful?" he asked me and brought his hands to my stomach and rubbed soothingly .

" It's not that anything's wrong , I'm just in need of maternity clothes . My bras and pants aren't fitting" I told him . He tensed for a moment before speaking " no farther than Port Angeles , not with the newborns in Seattle and take Leah with you" he told me firmly . Under more normal circumstances I might've bristled at his tone , but I knew he was worried for my safety . Instead I nodded and leaned back into his chest "I'll be fine with Leah" I told him soothingly . " I know, I just can't bare the thought of anything happening to you" he told me huskily . " Nothing will happen" I soothed and turned in his arms to face him . Cupping his face in my palms I eyed him softly "why don't you grab something to eat while I get more comfortable and we can study in bed for a bit hmm?" I asked .