Chapter 14

Two weeks later Jake hadn't returned to school. I had an ache in my chest I missed him so much. I barely ate our slept and found myself drawing him, his eyes gold or dark brown or just him. Brad and now Jasper Hale the honey blonde tall texan were my admirers. He and his twin sister Rosalie and their three other adoptive siblings the Cullen's had just joined school

Brad bugged me more, but Jasper made me uneasy. His amber stare was intense and unwavering, it made the hair at the back of my neck stand up. If it wasn't Brad trying to flirt between classes it was Jasper's stares.

Josh and Jordan made good buffers at times and Jessica liked Brad so she kept him entertained when he'd let her.

One day after school I walked out intending to drive to work like always, but my truck was gone. In its place was my aunt's car and Monica wearing her mother's matching grin. " Jordan has the truck dear and Josh is covering your shift at the bakery. We're taking you for a makeover " aunt Danielle told me through the window.

"Can't you just take me to work " I groaned. She shook her head " c'mon now, it's my treat. I promise you'll love it". She always says that, although usually it's true, shrugging I got in and Julia passed me a to go coffee cup.

"Is it that boy?" aunt Danielle asked softly "the one your father doesn't want you to see". She eyed me carefully through the rear view mirror, " no" I lied quietly. " I haven't been around Jake much for months "." But he still wants you" she guessed, " believe it or not, he was changing. He was doing it for me. I don't like hurting him " I hedged." Has he been bothering you at school, the twins haven't said "." No, it was someone else. I trusted him, and it was hard to, but I did and he hurt me unintentionally. It just bothers me after he's been so great and then this happens and I don't trust him anymore " I told her.

" Men are wonderful dear, but their men. Sometimes they don't see things the way we do, sometimes they say or do things that aren't meant to seem the way we see it " she told me."And teenage boys are the worst of any of them ".

In Port Angeles we went to the salon first, Tracy went darker this time starting with a dark brown for the base color then ash brown bayalage that lightened in framing highlights the style left my hair at my shoulder blades with my part towards the side. I loved the look and thanked Tracy for it. Then my nails done in matte grey, my ring finger a glitter grey, my forefinger white with grey glitter at the base of my nail in a drip pattern towards the tip.

Next was the strip mall. I found a long sleeve t-shirt with black and white stripes along the width and paired it with a navy brimmed hat, blush wool patterned scarf, navy skinny jeans with ripped knees and tan ankle boots.

When we were done I had aunt Danielle drop me off at work so I could spill Jordy and finish my shift. I set my shopping bags down by the coat rack and took off my grey jacket them slipped my hair back into a messy bun at the back of my head using the black hair tie around my wrist on a rose gold bracelet.

" Hey Jordan" I called, and he grinned at me. " Thanks for this but I can finish my shift " I told him." You sure?" he asked lifting a dark brow at me, I nodded " yeah I'm good, get out of here" I told him as I tied my apron on . He chuckled and lifted his hands in mock surrender " okay, okay I'm gone. First though, I know after the last party you probably won't want to go, but Josh wants to go to one tomorrow night. I have it on good authority that Brad plans on almost begging you to go " he tells me as he leans against the counter beside me.

I eyed him dubiously," and have a drunk trying to get his octopus arms around me every second, no thanks "." Blacks not going to be there or Lahote " he added, I didn't comment and started making more muffins for the display. " What happened between you and Black Stevie? I know you continued to see him after uncle Ray told you to stop " he said gently. I stiffened " I don't want to talk about it Jordy " I told him quietly. He sighed and nodded, putting a hand on the back of my neck he squeezed affectionately " for what it's worth he was wrong, I could see him changing for you even before you were seeing him " he said before leaving.