Chapter 21

"He knows something" I murmured to Bella and Kim as Jasper stared at me a few days later .

earlier

cold hands gently wrapped around my arm whirling me around and into an empty class room. As I was about to scream one of the cold hands covered my mouth . "Now , now Darlin. No need for that, I just wanna talk" Jasper drawled . I stiffened and nodded with a jerk of my chin . He smirked uncovering my mouth , but not getting out of my space.

"What do you want Jasper?" I asked coldly and jerked my arm out of his hand. "You" he replied quickly, "but for now I want to warn you" he told me .

"Warn me?" I frowned , "about what ?" . I flinched at his sudden touch when he brushed my hair back from my cheek and cupped it gently, he was so cold . " Victoria ,she is closing in . I can protect you better than the dogs . They won't win with what she has planned" he told me .

I jerked my face away "what are you hiding from the pack , what do you know?" I hissed clenching the backpack strap I held to my shoulder. Jasper only smiled and canted his head smiling like I was a kitten sharpening my claws "tell your dog to gather the pack and meet us in the baseball clearing at midnight" and then he was gone .

Back to present

After lunch I went about the rest of my classes like normal save the jumpiness after being surprised by Jasper.

Later at the bakery I managed to get a few batches done before I asked to cut out early when it was clear that the evening would be slow.

I drove to the rez and made my way to Emily's . She frowned seeing my face as I came in , but didn't question me. "I could use your help with dinner" she asked instead, I gave her a grateful smile and helped her make the french bread .

Jake came in part way through baking the second loaf ,greeting me with a sweet kiss . He stiffened as he took a deep breath from my neck and sniffed deep and frantically . I soothed him with a hand to his chest , "I'm fine honey, but there's something I need to tell you and your brothers when they come in . Jasper knows something and I think he's trying to control the situation in his and Edwards favor" I told him quietly.

He listened with wrapt attention and clenched his jaw in anger. His muscles coiled tightly as he tried to check himself. After I explained he nodded and came around me brushing his fingers into my hair and wrapped it into a messy bun at the nape of my neck ,securing it with the black band on my wrist.

As he went to sit at the table I caught his hand squeezing gently "I love you" I told him softly , I could never say it enough. He smiled relaxing a tiny bit "I love you too baby" he murmured and kissed my hand quickly .

We were more relaxed as we talked while Emily and I cooked . Bella came in when the guys did  , as dinner was placed out I got everyone's attention . "Jasper cornered me today , and something was brought to my attention" I said and everyone froze, Jake squeezed me r into his side coaxing me to continue. "Victoria's done something , and Jasper asked for the pack to meet the Cullen's in the baseball field at midnight . I think he's planning something , him and Edward" I told them.

They all looked sober and resolute , Emily, Bella and I shared worried glances before going back to our mates .

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~{*£¥*}~@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I was deep in sleep after trying to wait Jake out. I woke slowly when warm arms came around me and a warm hand brushed under my silk cami to brush lazy circles on my stomach ."Hmm" I hummed throatily as he did so and kissed the side of my neck . "How'd it go, what did you get from him?" I asked turning onto my back to see him better.