Chapter 5

After a regular Saturday is working, then to Jacob's to study I came home and had dinner before booking or to get ready. After a shower I discovered Jules in my room setting out my clothes view the evening. " Julia, I think I can handle dressing myself " I told her dryly. I had to hand it to her though she did choose well.

After doing my hair and makeup more boldly than usual I dressed in a black spaghetti strap shirt with one shoulder strap and longer on one side and a pair of low cut skinny jeans along with my pair of dark native  pattern ankle boots.

I went to grab a jacket and Jules shook her head. " If you take one, you'll never take it off " she said and I couldn't argue there, she knew me to well. Taking a breath we went out and met the twins who were driving there.

I had a grip on the necklace I wore running my fingers over the small flat circle of rose gold with  an S on it that laid close to my throat on my upper chest by a delicate rose gold chain. When we arrived the first thing you could tell was the loud music.

I went ahead with the twins and Jules behind me as we went inside the noisy packed house. There was dancing in the larger living room and couples in the couch making out while others were in dark corners doing who knows what.

" James is that you?" a familiar astonished voice said. I groaned inwardly and turned around "Lahote?" I snarked. He let out a wolf whistle and appraised me up and down "damn girl, you  clean up nice, wanna dance " he asked raising his brows and reached for me. I blushed hotly and took a step back out of his reach making him smirk and chuckle. He grabbed my wrist before I got far " easy girl" he said with amusement. "I don't want to dance Paul " I told him and tugged my arm trying to get him to let go. He didn't let go, but pulled me to him and dipped down so he could whisper in my ear. " One dance, then I'll set you free " he said and arched a brow at me " I huffed angrily to his amusement and nodded unhappily before he pulled me along.

I sighed in relief spotting Embry and Bella. She saw me first and her eyes went wide, help me I mouthed to her as she made Embry look. Paul had his arm around my waist molding me to his  body as hungry eyes from dirty dancing came on. I pushed at him as he started to try and get me to dance with him to put a little distance between us trying not to let humiliating tears out.

I saw Jacob frowning as he saw us and looked away. Paul tried to dip me and I relaxed my back so it would arch, and heard a bunch of whistles and clapping till he slowly brought me back up and Jacob was gone the next I looked. Paul leaned in and tried to kiss me but I turned my head. " Don't" I told him fiercely and made him let me go and took off. Jessica came over and passed me a solo cup, " It's just orange juice, you can say it's a screw driver if you want. Are you okay?" she asked putting a hand on my arm. I nodded taking a deep breath to calm myself " that idiot was just trying to get a rise out of me " I told her.

I stayed against the wall for a bit watching Jules as she danced with a boy in her grade and appeared to be doing fine. Across the room I saw Brad looking at me, he grinned when I met his eyes and started to come over. Quickly I walked off trying to find somewhere to hide and found a coat closet quickly getting inside.

Once I was inside and the door was shut I let out a slow breath and leaned against the door. I figured I would stay for a little bit before getting out. I felt heat coming closer and became nervous. Whoever it was didn't speak, I felt a calloused rough hand touch my shoulder " crap this is one of those five minutes in heaven things isn't it?" there was no reply as the hand brushed along my shoulder and up the side of my neck making me shiver. " You don't -" I  began nervously till a finger from his other hand covered my lips stopping me. " Don't be nervous" a familiar voice I couldn't place told me huskily as his thumb brushed my pulse.