Chapter 6

Monday I was a bundle of nerves as started my morning taking care of the animals and showering. I dressed in a white t-shirt with a long open cardigan with brown, tan, reddish orange, white, and cream patterns and a reddish orange scarf paired with light denim faded skinny jeans and light grey ankle boots with a buckle at the side and fringe with two and a half  inch heels and put my hair in a messy bun at the back of my head.

I drove to school okay Stevie, you can do this it's just school. Just like any other day I thought letting out a deep breath before climbing out of my truck. I put my iPhone X in my back pocket and shouldered my backpack before heading in.

Trig and History went by with Brad watching me in the latter. English was tolerable, Jacob was acting different. He sat beside me, taking notes as I did. Every once in a while I saw him look at me. After class was over I dropped off my books and locked my locker. " I really wish you'd talk to me darlin, just give me one little chance " Brad whispered in my ear scaring me as his breath hit my ear and neck. " Don't do that" I snapped after whirling around. He made me step back pressing into the locker as he braced his hand beside my head and leaned in.

" Sorry" he apologized smiling crookedly " didn't mean to scare ya". "It's fine, but if you don't mind, I'd like to go get my lunch " I told him. When he didn't move I arched a brow and made a shooing motion to make him move, he did so smirking. " Your a rather sassy little filly aren't you " he says in amusement as he followed me. I huffed " only when I'm annoyed or angry " I clarified. He gave me a fake hurt expression as he rounded me and walked beside me clutching a hand to his chest in mock pain,  " you wound me deeply little darlin " he told me.

I rolled my eyes " somehow I doubt that" I replied sarcastically. " Black will only hurt you more " he told me catching my shoulders and peering into my eyes. " I saw how you reacted to that little blonde kissin him and his reaction" he pressed. " I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself Brad" I snapped and jerked away starting to keep going towards the cafeteria. " You deserve more, just give me a chance " he coaxed.

" Why don't you just leave her alone Brad, can't you tell your just making her angry  " I heard Jacob say. A big hand cupped my shoulder steering me away with his arm, he let go once we were outside the cafeteria . " So, I take it your not falling for his southern charm " he asked me. I shook my head " pretty boys not my type, I like his car though. Wouldn't mind getting a better look at that twin-turbo 7.0L V8 engine ".

Jacob looked surprised and I chuckled. " What? It's no secret. My dad is a mechanic, I've done my fair share of working in a garage " I told him going ahead and starting to gather my lunch. I grabbed a bottle of sparkling blackberry Izzie, a burger and a salad along with a slice of chocolate cheesecake.

Taking a seat at my normal table I looked to the shocked faces of my friends. " What was that? What happened after your ran out Saturday night?" Jessica asked scooting her chair closer. "Before we saw him kissing Mya, he was kissing me in the coat closet " I whispered to her. Her eyes widened " I  didn't know he was in there and went in to hide from Brad, neither of us knew who we were kissing till he turned on the light. Then he kissed me again, after I saw him kissing  Mya I ran for the bathroom and got stuck with that guy. Jacob busted the door and got  him off me. I ran and he caught up with me to make sure I was fine, then drove me home on his motorcycle. His knuckles and lip were a mess so I took him to the barn to clean him up then he left" I told her deciding to leave some parts out.

" What is that perfume you wear?" I heard Jacob ask beside me and jumped. I turned and there he was leaning towards me smirking at my reaction. " Oh, hi... um it's... Mineral Desert by Good Chemistry " I stuttered at how close he was. He nodded with an amused expression and turned to his food, I remembered he said something about me smelling good when we were making out at the party. I was frustrated at my bodies betrayal, I had been to obvious. At least now I could eat.