Chapter 7

For weeks we hardly spoke. I'd catch glances in the hall, and when I went over to his house he'd only ask a few questions. Sometimes he even acted like he wanted to say something, but he didn't. He hardly ever had a girl on his arm and when he did it was the same as Lauren.
A month in my aunt decided to intervene. I came into work on a Saturday to find the twins in and Jules and aunt Danny waiting for me. " Your mother and the boys can handle things for a bit " my aunt told me gently and steered me to her car. " What are we doing?" I wondered as she started the car.

She sighed " sweetie Diana told me what happened. Your a beautiful girl, and maybe he just needs to sort out his feelings or maybe it just wasn't meant to happen. And if that's the case, he's an idiot, there are plenty of guys out there. You just need to find the right one. We're taking you to a salon, no butts and getting a new outfit" she told me.

At the salon Tracy took my hair out of its messy bun, " do you trust me?" she asked lifting a brow at me in the mirror. She'd never steered me wrong before so I nodded and she smiled. " Hun when I'm through with you that boys gonna be kicking his own butt at his stupidity " she promised. She cut and dyed my hair and shaped and tinted my brows then permed my lashes. In the end I had some layers to my hair  hair in an ash brown from dark roots ombre and had it curled lightly with my same part off centered.

Them when we went shopping I found a white floral flowy blouse and cranberry skinny jeans with a cream scarf and a pair of dark tan ankle boots.

When we were done I felt better and finished my work day. On Monday I wore the new outfit to school with my aviator shades. I walked in and felt uncomfortable with the stares but ignored them and went to my locker. I felt his eyes on me but chose not to look. Before lunch I stopped at my locker as per usual to put my things up, when a guy approached me.

It was neither Jacob or Brad, not even Lahote. He was Quileute with long black hair and the usual features that make the native boys great to look at and dark grey eyes. " Hey Stevie," he crooned smiling at me, " um, hey Caleb" I replied leaning back against my locker. He reached forward gently and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and braced his hand above my head leaning with his arm. " This new looks good on you, not that you weren't pretty before " he told me. I blushed " thanks" I said, " so, Brad is having a pool party next week, apparently he's got  this huge indoor pool. You wanna come with me?" he asked.

I rolled my lips considering, " it won't be like the other party, I won't let anything happen to you" he told me. " Okay, sure. I'd be happy to " I told him." I'll pick you up Saturday at four" he clarified arching a brow, "sounds great" I told him. " And here" I added and grabbed his hand. Quickly I penned my number, " my cell" I told him. He smiled brightly " awesome, you  wanna walk to lunch?" he wondered." Sure " I said  softly.

We walked together to lunch and parted, going to our own tables. It was the same for the days to follow. He'd walk with me in the halls sometimes holding my hand or putting an arm around my shoulders.

Jacob acted strange when we got together. He'd been surprised at my new look appraising me up and down in the school halls. " So Cal, your with him now?" he asked as we worked. " No, I'm going with him to the party " I clarified." You like him?" he wondered" He's sweet, treats me right. He's cute, what's not to like?" I shrugged."But do you like him?" he pressed," I don't know yet, why?" I  asked arching a brow. He shrugged " nothing, just wondering" he hedged.

I got Saturday off thankfully and was ready at four wearing my sky blue halter style bikini with a more modest cup and tied in the back and my maroon zippered hoodie and ripped jean shorts with a pair of tan sandals. I had my backpack as well with warmer clothes and my iPhone X.

Caleb arrived right on time and got out pulling me into a bear hug reminiscent of Jacob's. "Ready to go?" he asked  brightly, I nodded " yeah, let's go" I said and for in his car with him.