Chapter 20

A week quickly turned into a month, Jake and I in secret wedded bliss. Days with secret texts and meetings, nights of passion.  I was working in the kitchen at the bakery and smiled as warm arms wrapped around my waist , full warm and supple lips placed kisses along the nape and crook of my neck. He sighed , resting his forehead there and stopped " hmm, your scents different" he said cryptically and took deep breathes. "You know , as happy as I am to see you . You shouldn't be back here Jake" I chastised lightly .

He chuckled giving my waist a squeeze " what , you don't like the clandestine and subterfuge?" He teased kissing my neck chastely . I giggled " I've never had anything so exciting happen to me" I told him relaxing into his arms .

" So are you feeling better after yesterday?" He asked in concern . I nodded " I was just a little light headed honey , I don't feel sick or dizzy anymore I promise" I told him turning my head to kiss his jaw.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~{*£¥*}~@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The next day we imprints were at Emily's under the ruse that I was studying with Bella , which technically we were ... a little that is.

A had a funny craving and grabbed some potato chips and heated up some hot fudge . As I munched away I saw Kim and Emily look at me strange , it was absolutely ridiculous but a lump formed in my throat and tears pricked at the corners of my eyes .

I froze wide eyed as a thought came to mind . Counting back I realized something , I was late . I looked up at them covering a cry with my mouth as I remembered the signs and felt stupid for not recognizing them before . I was weepy , and eating more than normal , and I was nauseous and dizzy.

"I can't ... we ... we always used protection" I stuttered . Emily eyed me softly , "your on the pill? she asked . I shook my head "no , my parents would find out . Jake always uses a condom" I said quietly and blushed . They were silent and looked at each other again , I frowned " what, they haven't broken . Nothing's gone wrong" I swore. "Sweetie" Kim said softly and came over to me " condoms won't work . The guys their to hot , they melt them. Jared and I found out when I had a pregnancy scare after we first imprinted ..."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~{*£¥*}~@@@@@@@@@@@@

Coming back from patrol I smiled seeing my wife's truck at Emily's . Going in I anticipated her sweet smile and loving eyes and a blush on her peaches and cream cheeks . I was immediately  concerned seeing fear instead and her face ashen. Before I could ask she shook her head , and as much as it hurt that she wouldn't tell me what was wrong I knew not to push her .

She stayed uncharacteristically quiet and the other girls all watched us with concern as I held her . The guys shared my concern , I shrugged at their questioning gaze not having a clue .

When she had to go , she kissed me chastely and tried to smile, but it was more forced . I was afraid , what was she hiding ...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~{*£¥*}~@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I knew I was hurting him , but I couldn't help it ; I was so afraid . Kim had two leftover at home tests and gave them to me . I had them in my backpack to take after I was home .

I melted into my husbands arms when he held me . "Honey?" He asked in concern and I shook my head , I couldn't , not yet. When it was time for me to go I tried to smile , but it felt more like a frozen grimace. Kissing him chastely I went out and left watching him , the fear in his eyes hurt and I knew I reflected the same . I just needed to be sure first .

The smell of pizza at home made my stomach roll and I let the cold air chase the feeling away as I shut the door. Much later that evening I took both tests , after washing my hands I set them both on the counter and set the timer on my phone .