Chapter 26

The battle was days away, I tried not to be nervous for the babies sake ; as did the other imprints . We all did our best to support them, even though all each of us wanted was to keep them home where they would be safe.

Another battle training meeting had just come to a close . I stretched as Bella let out a small yawn . As the wolves turned away Carlisle called out " a moment Jacob , we're concerned about where Stephanie and Bella will be kept for the battle" he wondered almost nonchalant.

Jake phased back and pulled on his shorts , Embry followed suit just after . " Where my wife and friend are during the battle is none of your  business , they will be safe ; that is all you need to know" Jake told them harshly . Edward and Jasper both tensed and came to stand closer to their leader . " We don't agree , and it is ludicrous for us not to know of their whereabouts . If something should happen to either of them" Edward bemoaned . "You can't keep them on the reservation or in either of their homes without leaving others at risk" Jasper said bluntly . "After considering several places we think the best place would be near Goat Rock . Your scents would mask theirs if you carried them up , and we have tents for them to stay in . That's the only way for this to work" .

" And how do you propose that?" I asked and they looked at me making me blush, "what do you mean honey?" Jake asked . " I've hiked around there a few times , it's to far even with your speed if something were to happen to Bella and I or one of the wolves . Plus that high up the wind will be horrific , even if we're bundled up like bloated ticks" I said and grimaced " no pun intended , even if we're bundled up it's going to be to cold up there when the temperature drops" I said as I walked closer .

Jasper grinned, "while those are excellent points darlin, they won't be a problem" he told me . "I will have stabilizing equipment on hand for injuries" Carlisle placated , "and Em and I will stay with you and keep you warm" Jake whispered huskily and seductively as he wrapped his arm around me and brought me into his side .

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~{*£¥*}~@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I watched my husband pace angrily in front of me while I sat on the bed . 'Damn it to hell! Why does he have to be right" he ranted, " He's not coming anywhere near you, I promise . I know he's planning something , but he's not touching you I swear" he continued and stopped in front of me to cup my face .

I knew he wasn't as calm as he seemed about the arrangement

I breathed deeply , his touch calming my frazzled nerves . " I promise you , baby this will be easy , when we're done you and me are going to be so happy" he swore and smacked a kiss to my lips  . " I know we will Jake , it's not your ability to protect me that scares me" I told him , looking at him meaningfully .

He kissed my forehead softly and his warm breath washed over my face . " Stevie we've been training for weeks , we're going to be fine" he told me softening his voice.

Frustrated I backed out of his arms . The hurt look on his face made me soften my voice, " I'm not worried about myself Jake , or the newborn army . I'm worried about the Cullen's and Victoria , and their not inexperienced new vampires only relying on their basest instincts . These leeches have abilities and eons of experience" I told him and swallowed thickly against my torment . Looking at him I touched my hand to his chest and rubbed lightly , "just promise me you'll keep an eye on them . I have a terrible feeling their up to something" I begged .

"Awe honey" he crooned and wiped at my stained cheeks , bringing me to his chest and wrapped me in his protective arms " it's going to be fine , I swear it" he whispered .

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~{*£¥*}~@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I wasn't the only one terrified . Bella , Emily, and Kim were as nervous as I am , clinging to their men like it was the last time they would see them . If I could've lied and swore they would be fine and have it be more likely I might've taken the chance in order to ease their burdens . I wished more than anything to trust what they all continued to say , but I had to, we had to face the fact that this was more than just playing around in the field . There was a good chance of something going wrong , even with all the protective measures in place .
I also found it unfortunate that Charlie was about as perceptive as mom and I . I hated lying to him ,when he noticed that I was worried ; Bella was the same . Now however wasn't the time ,if ever to tell the chief of police his two teenage daughters were in love with mythical vampire killing shapeshifters . Thankfully with food in front of them the other men in my life weren't nearly as bad . Except for poor Liam , a few days after the bonfire he came over dragging Leah with him .

"Is what she told me true ?" he demanded looking at Jake and I. Instead of a verbal reply Jake motioned for him to follow and phased outside while Liam watched . Initially he was angry with us all for lying to him. Now he was as bad as the rest of the imprints when worrying over Leah. It felt so good to have someone else in the know that was family. I wish it wasn't necessary , but it is for everyone's safety.

The only time it became a problem was after the meeting with the Cullen's when we had let the others know of the plan . "You can't be serious" he'd said loud and incredulous as he stood up . Leah tried to quiet him ,but as I already knew , he wouldn't be quiet till he'd had his word "she's my sister , your wife , pregnant and very humanly vulnerable. Neither of them are hardly over a hundred and ten dripping wet" he carried on . " How is that the best way" he demanded.

"You think I want her near them" Jake seethed , "either of them , not f@@king close" . " I have to think of the rez too and the other imprints and families . I don't want my pregnant wife and imprint anywhere near them , but if something were to happen we could be there in seconds" he seethed to my brother before looking out to the others "this isn't ideal , but it's the best any of us can come up with . Seth and the mind reading leach will be guarding them while the rest of us are in the clearing , watch for the Cullen's especially the empath and the seer ; we believe they are up to something" .