Chapter 22

An odd text came in and another to Jake's and Bella's . His arm tightened around me "honey we need to go, Em Bell's this is gonna be ugly" he said soberly . As he drove my stomach churned "Jake what's going on?" I asked .

He brushed my hair back behind my ear, "one of your parents found the positive pregnancy test . Your dad has completely lost his shit, he called Charlie and Charlie called my dad . Sam's who texted me , he said Charlie was going after your mom . He's who texted Bella , Sam said something about your mom knowing Charlie a long time ago but that it was something he knew you needed to hear from them" he told me . My throat tightened and I swallowed back the ball , "hey" Jake murmured and I looked at him , "I'm going to be there the whole time , I promise . If it gets to be to much you and Bells can pack up a bag and you can come stay with me , okay" he soothed . "Okay Jake" I agreed thickly , he kissed my hand "I love you honey , I'm so sorry about this" he told me . "I love you too Jake , and whatever my dad say's don't believe it" I told him .

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@{*£¥*}@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

We could hear the screaming from outside as we and Bella and Embry showed up . Jake held my hand tightly as he lead the way in , Bella and Em following . Inside dad and Charlie were yelling , mom crying and Liam watching with a dark frown as he stood near Billy and Sam.

All eyes went to us as we came in the door . Dad made a move to come over and Charlie clapped a hand on his shoulder . "Wait just a damn minute before you go off on them" he ordered. Dad looked affronted , "go off on them , I'm doing more than that" he yelled and looked at us enraged . My throat thickened as he looked at me, holding one of my positive pregnancy tests tightly in his fist " how could you young lady, have we taught you nothing . Has your mother's and our past taught you nothing " he yelled and Jake pulled me more behind him as dad descended .'And you" dad sneered, pointing at Jake " Charlie I want him arrested" .

Charlie pulled him back " you know it doesn't work like that Ray . And I've known that boy his whole life , he'd never hurt her . You really think the girl woulda stayed with him if he had?"

"It's different for us dad , I've tried to tell you but you won't listen . You haven't since I became involved with Jake" I tried to reason as I moved beside him.

"Yes it's worse ,at least with your mother she was an adult and had graduated . She had me , I had a stable job and a good home . What do you have ?" he yelled.

Before I could say anything, Jake did as he covered my shoulder and hugged me into his side . "She has me , her husband. I love her more than anything" he said pulling my necklace to where he could hold up the ring he gave me  . "Our house might not be lavished , but it's home , she has friends who are more than ready to help. And I will not let her get stressed ,so lets keep our heads ".

"She has me too" Liam said coming over and running a hand over my hair . He looked at dad with disgust " don't you see that your acting just like Gran always does with you ? Do you want her to end up doing what mom had to and not hear from her for years until you get over yourself" he said to dad . "Your driving her away , and me too if you can't see reason" he said more softly .

I stepped forward " dad I married him first , he didn't touch me till after that I swear. He hasn't done anything wrong , all we want is your acceptance . Can't you do that for me , for them" I asked thickly and covered my stomach.

'Them?" mom asked standing up and looked at me. I nodded and smiled a little " yeah , apparently twins run on both sides . Sue just told us , everything looks normal" I told her .

"Diana , your not seriously considering being alright with this?" dad said . " Ray" she said softly and turned pulling him to her " look at them Ray , their us " she told him softly . Dad shook his head turning away . " I should have sent you away after the last time" he spat , better that than you throwing your life away for him" he yelled .