Chapter 17

We continued to meet in secret and it was easier now with others to corroborate our stories, and the Cullen's still watched us at school though they steered clear of the guys when they were present .Jacob told me how Bella had dated Cullen before I came to town and how in an effort to protect her Edward the red headed one had killed a vampire called James . Now his mate Victoria with fiery red hair was after her , mate for mate . Edward would pay by losing Bella .

The wolves were doing their best to hunt her , but she always evades them . She keeps trying to get to Forks but evades the Cullens and runs for Canada . All the imprints were worried , waiting for the news of icky Vicki as I'd started calling her to be dead .

It was normal on the weekend for me to meet Jake at the beach for some time alone before meeting with the pack or his father .

Like always I smiled and warmed seeing his handsome smiling face when I pulled up. Running for him he caught me and twirled me around in a bear hug that chased the chill away . After setting me back on my feet he cupped my face in his warm hands and kissed me before taking my hand and walking with me .

A half hour later we were at Sam and Emily's with the pack when I got an urgent text from mom , dad , and Liam. I frowned seeing the texts and showed Jake , " looks like I've gotta go , not sure what this is about though" I murmured with an apologetic squint. He kissed me softly and ran his hand over my arm from where I was tucked into his side , " okay, I'll see you later okay . Let me know what's going on later" he said and checked . I nodded before we set off back to my truck . He kissed me again and told me to drive safe before sending me on my way.

When I got home it was quiet , but tense. Mom eyed dad and I worriedly while dad looked enraged and Lee apprehensive . " What's going on ?" I asked hesitantly as I came in immediately fearing what his anger was about .

"Where were you this afternoon?" Dad asked seriously . I swallowed hard and furrowed my brow, " I was with Bella ,like I told you before" I told him setting my backpack beside the couch were I was sitting. " Her and who else" dad asked raising his voice as he lost his temper .

I froze he knows, but how ? I wondered going wide eyed . " Wanna take a guess at what Tom saw at the beach earlier young lady?" He said getting louder and standing to pace the floor in front of the furniture.

"Imagine my surprise when he calls up saying that he's seeing my little girl in the arms of Jacob Black " . I swallow hard again against the knot in my throat and feel the prick of hot tears in my eyes . " Dad I- " I stuttered before he interrupted . " You what Stephanie ? You love him , you can't be without him , he loves you too. What has that trash promised you that made you lie and disobey me " he thundered and I flinched as tears dribbled down my cheeks.

"Or maybe he's changed , I don't care" dad went on and stopped to point a finger in my face. "You're not going to see him again , do you understand me . This ends now" . All I wanted to do was flee to my room , before I could he held out his hand " give me your phone " he demanded before I ran for my room , shrugging from my brothers arm.

My computer wasn't there when I went in , and sitting on top of my desk was my bullet journal with my drawings of Jake on display .

What were we going to do now? I wondered in worry.

As promised Jake climbed through my window , well past two am. He frowned seeing me sitting up in bed awake . "What're you still doing up baby , you didn't need to wait up for me" he whispered coming to my bed . He stopped in front of me and his eyes widened with concern as he took in my face. " Are you crying , what happened?" He asked wiping the tears from my eyes and pulled me into his arms .

I sniffled and swallowed the hard ball in my throat , " a friend of dad's saw us earlier at the beach and told him" I confessed . " He was so angry . He took my phone and computer , and he found my drawings in my bullet journal. I don't think he's ever going to except us Jake , he wouldn't let me say anything . He doesn't trust me at all anymore" .