Chapter 9

Monday came and I drove into the parking lot at school and I sighed. Dad and I had a huge fight over Jake.

"I don't want you seeing him "dad said over breakfast. I set down my coffee frowning "dad, I need you to trust me. I know it's hard to believe, but he's changing. Not because I'm making him, but because I mean that much to him" I told him.

" Your so smart Stevie, can't you see he's only doing this to real you in so he can get you in bed " he said ending with a roar. I blushed hotly " that's not true dad, you don't know him. Just give him a chance " I asked trying to reign in my temper.

He shook his head " No! I won't have my daughter seeing that man whore. I want more for you than a dead end in La Push" he yelled slamming his hands on the table and making me jump.

Tears bit hotly at the corners of my eyes. " I can't believe you of all people could say something so hateful and judgmental " I forced out before leaving.

A nock at my window made me jump. Looking over there was Jake. I tried to smile as he opened my door. His smile turned into a concerned frown, " have you been crying, what happened?" he asked cupping my face and wiping his thumbs at the corners of my eyes.

" My dad and I had a fight " I said thickly while he held my face in his palms. He stilled and tipped my face so I had look at him, " it was about me, wasn't it " he asked me tightening his jaw. I nodded and fresh tears dripped down my cheeks, " I never thought my dad would say something so hateful ".

" I'm sorry baby. We'll just have to keep it quiet for now " he murmured catching my tears. I nodded and he lifted me out of the cab and set me on my feet. " I'm not letting you go because of your dad" he said and stopped at the tailgate of my truck making sure we wouldn't be seen. Lifting me up in his arms he held me against him with one arm and put his other hand at the back of my neck bringing me in for a kiss as I wrapped my arms around him. He kissed me passionately and chased away my worries. When we pulled back he had a smug smirk on his handsome face.

I blushed hotly as he wrapped his arm around my waist cupping my side. He kissed the top of my head " c'mon baby" he crooned steering me towards the school, letting go when we were in with the other students. . He kissed me again  quickly against my locker when no one was looking before waiting as I grabbed what I needed for class and we walked together.

He walked with me between classes and we sat together in our now big group for lunch, Jake played with my hair discreetly twirling curls with his fingers  . We kissed again at the end of school, " still on for tomorrow?"he asked arching a brow. I nodded and rolled my lips " yeah" I told him.

Tuesday came and as we ate breakfast I wrote out a list for Jake after choosing an easy recipe for him to learn. Dad and I didn't say a word and the tension in the room was palpable before we finally scattered to start our day.

When I got to school Jake was waiting for me and smiled brightly as I got out of my truck and met me there kissing me softly and hugged me. " Hey baby, you seem better today " he said into my hair" no fight this morning, but we didn't talk either. What about you?" I said propping my chin on his chest. " Dad's happy, he likes you and Embry and Quil are supportive " he told me rubbing my back.

" I don't know what to do about my dad, I know he's being protective but I figured after a bit he would relax once he saw the difference. He's acting just like Gran does over him " I ranted till Jake interrupted me with a kiss, gently pressing his tongue through my lips. " One way or another it will be fine " he told me and kissed me chastely when no one was looking before we went to class.

At lunch we sat together and I told him that I had the list for groceries if he wanted a cooking lesson today. " Hell yes, something different please " he said in relief. I chuckled " well hopefully you like this" I told him passing over the list. He read over it and smiled " sounds good, and dad and I are suckers for a good chili " he told me.

Later when I arrived after work Jake and I went straight to homework for a bit then started cooking at five. The three of us talking and laughing as Jake and I cooked. Jake used his fingers to gently brush my hair back and twist it clipping it in place then kissed the back of my neck after he'd put the biscuits in the oven. " Here, taste this" I coaxed holding out a spoon full for Billy. He took the spoon playfully taste testing while Jake continued to stir per instructed by me. " Mmm, has a nice kick to it " he told me," that would be the chili powder, and even with this one's un-ending appetite it should last a few days " I said playfully poking Jake in the abs.

" Why don't you stay and have dinner here?" Jake offered as I started to get ready to leave. I stopped and went to him, " I  wish I could, but dads mad enough right now.I'll ask mom next time, she's more relaxed about us " I told him sadly . He sighed holding my waist and rubbed up and down my sides. " Alright, I'll see you tomorrow. Drive safe baby " he told me softly and cupped my face kissing me before I hopped in my truck and went home.

When I got back, I helped mom finish dinner. Later when I was working on my homework there was a nock at my door. " Come in" I said softly and shut my biology book and ran my fingers through the end of my ponytail draped over my shoulder .

" Hey Angel", dad said softly and I turned around surprised that he broke the silent treatment. "Dad?" I asked hesitantly. He smiled his smile coming closer and took a seat at the end of my bed. Setting the box he carried beside him on the bed. We were both quiet, awkwardly silent " look honey, I know you're upset about that boy. But you understand why you can't see him right? he asked raising a brow.

I wanted to shout, tell him how wrong he was about Jake. " I understand dad" I told him simply and felt stomach churn when he looked relieved and smiled more. He cupped my cheek and brushed it with his thumb, " your mother and I are so proud of you Angel. We uh....got you a little something " he told me and passed the box over.

I stared at it at first and rolled my lips before tearing at the metallic teal wrapping paper. I gasped covering it with my hand seeing the familiar apple on the white box and looked up at my father wide eyed. He chuckled at my response, " you've been doing so good in school and you'll need more than your iPad for college, this should make your work easier,  and we got the additional photography program too" he told me as I lifted the lid to the box. " You... you for me, a MacBook Pro?" I asked looking at the computer with an oldworld map decal and a teal hardshell case and teal and floral mouse sitting on top.

I gaped at it then him unable to speak till finally I did, " dad this... How... I mean " I stuttered thickly and not making sense. He knew though and stood smacking a kiss to my forehead before cupping my chin " I don't want you worrying about that, just enjoy it " he told me. I nodded silently and watched him leave.

Before starting back on my homework I plugged my new MacBook in to charge while I did my work then synced it with my iPad and phone and set up some other things as well. When I was done I still had some time to kill, so I pulled out the book I was reading for fun and went to spend some time with the family in the living room pressing a kiss to mom's forehead as I went by and ruffled dad's hair.