Chapter 25

May passed , now we were into June . I was into test mode and studied like the nerd I was . Jake did to and I helped where I could, mostly I worried . He was spread so thin already with fixing cars , school, me, and the newborn fight . Most days he was barely there for a hi and bye before going out for a job or if he was home we studied . I was almost ready to broach the idea of him dropping and getting his GED and suggesting it for the others as well. Bella had said Embry had it hard too.

One afternoon my  brother surprised me with a visit. " Liam hey" I said surprised at seeing him , he shrugged before hugging me " hey sis , look at you" he said briefly touching my expanding belly .

I rolled my eyes " yeah , I'm gonna be huge before they finally appear" I joked as I let him in . We sat and chatted about silly mundane things for awhile . " So how are you two , you know with finals and this?" he asked waving at my stomach . I sighed and set down my decaf, " tired mostly . I hardly see him some days , with both of us having jobs to save for the twins and keeping up with school . I think the only thing keeping Jake from bursting is knowing mom and aunt Danielle will keep me on light duty when I get bigger till I go on maternity leave" I admitted.

"It won't be this way forever" he told me softly . "I know, I'm just worried about Jake he's taken on so much . He's exhausted so much of the time , I'm just worried. I don't want him to get sick or have an accident because he'd to exhausted" I worried.

"It won't be that way for much longer , schools almost out . With your help earlier he's got studying down to a science just like you, and cars are his thing he'll be fine . The better you take care of yourself the better he'll be in the long run cause that's why he's busting his ass so much right now , is for you and them" Liam told me and I had to admit , he's right .

Saturday We went over for brunch at Emily's , everyone but Quil and Bella were already there . A small toddler , about two years old greeted us at the door with Sam right behind her . He scooped her us causing a peel of giggles from the little girl and I smiled . "hey sweet pea " I said waving at her and she smiled back . "Who's the little cutie Sam?" I wondered , " Emily's niece Claire . We offered to watch her sometimes so that Em's sister and her husband could have some alone time" he said and bounced her playfully making her giggle again .

Emily and I worked in the kitchen with Kim and I watched as little Claire went between Sam, Jared and Jake for attention. My husband looked at me helplessly when the tiny tot held up her arms for him to pick her up when he took a seat in the large chair in the living room . I nodded at her "so pick her up ,she wants you" I encouraged and smiled to myself as he lifted her up into his lap.

She snuggled into his warmth and he relaxed . Jake looked over at me with a bright smile of triumph " love you" I mouthed and watched them with a warm feeling settling in my soul at the sight , Jared memed gagging and Sam absently punched him in the gut . I tried not to laugh and lost ,as did Kim " awe babe not you too" Jared griped . "Serves you right Sam and Jake don't do that when your loving on Kim" Emily chastised lightly making Kim blush. " Man what is it about hot guys with kids , it's always gotten to me but especially now" I joked with Em.

She smiled and laughed a little , "I know what you mean , Sam's usually so serious and quiet except with me or those he's close to. With Claire he smiles more and play's with her and laughs . It's so sweet to see them , such huge men being so sweet and gentle with such a small child " she mused , I had to agree.

"It makes it much easier to plan on telling him I'm pregnant too, seeing him do so well with her" she admitted . I froze and set down the mixing bowl I was working on to whirl around . Em smiled at my excited face "I'm pregnant too" she admitted again and I hugged her tight "Oh my gosh Em I'm so happy for you , when will you tell him? How will you tell him?" I asked quickly making her chuckle .