Tears of Joy

2 Weeks Later

Chris' POV ~

"Breathe in...breathe out. Center yourself, and find your inner peace. You are a goddess, let nothing in this world ever convince you otherwise. You are strong..." The CD continued on.

Sitting down on the couch, I had a perfect view of Zoey on her yoga mat as she attempted to "find her inner peace". Crouched down on her knees in the child's pose, I smiled as I watched her slip into serenity.

While the tape continued to drone on and on, Zoey followed along with every step and instruction as I enjoyed the view.

About an hour later the digital instructor signed off, and over the course of a couple minutes Zoey came back around and sat back up, resting on her knees.

"Hello my gorgeous little goddess. How are you this lovely morn?"

"Nice and relaxed." She happily sighed, her shoulders sinking after taking in another deep breath.

"Wonderful. You're glowing as always." I complimented her, spreading my legs slightly as she began to crawl towards me.

Zoey finally took her place in between my legs, and lovingly rested her head down on my thigh, facing towards me so that I could take part in looking at her perfect face. My hand traced down her spine, causing goosebumps to arise up her arms as my fingers landed on her waist.

"You are looking rather good this morning as well. Although, you're always attractive, even if you wake up with the worst case of bed head." Zoey complimented me.

"Aww, I'm blushing." I exclaimed, kissing the top of her head.

"We should look into doing couples yoga, Chris. That would be a fun and relaxing couples activity to start off with. It also is very refreshing." Zoey stated.

"I love that idea, but allow me to tweak that idea a little bit. Perhaps we can stay away from actual classes with other couples. I was thinking that maybe we could get a few books and try it out by ourselves in the new house." I suggested.

"Mmm, even better!" She cheered.

"We've got two weeks left until the wedding, sweetheart. What should we go out and do tonight before the craziness ensues?" I wondered.

"Let's stay in. It's easier for me to just stare at your beautiful face, and it means no one else gets to behold that beauty." Zoey said.

I laughed and shook my head at her.

"Are you trying to get something from me with all of this flattery?" I asked.

"I don't think there's a next level up from marriage, Chris." She chuckled.

"A lifetime together." I whispered, pulling her up onto my lap.

"Oh, now you're talking." Zoey replied, the biggest smile on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoey's POV ~

The soft music continued to play, filling the room with the beautiful music as Chris and I slowly danced with one another. My feet, tiny in comparison to his, were perched on top of his slipper covered feet as we danced around the empty foyer. Chris' arms were wrapped around my waist, and my arms were stretched up so that they could gently rest on his shoulders.

He moved swiftly, as if the music was ingrained in his body. He moved us up and down, around, and back and forth across the entire floor. Both of us were quiet, however when I looked into his eyes it was like he was telling me how much he loved me in a beautiful story.

I held on to him tighter, and when I looked up into his eyes once more something really hit.

Chris was holding onto me so gently, yet tight enough to send the message to me that I was his and he would forever protect me. His eyes were gentle and filled with love, and in that moment it truly hit me that he was truly going to be my husband until death did us part.

Tears came to my eyes, and I bit my tongue trying not to lose my composure and sob. However, I felt the floodgates begin to get weak.

Before I knew it the tears were freely throwing down my face, and I had no control of my sad self.

"Shit, what's wrong Zoey?" Chris gasped.

"Nothing." I sobbed.

"You're crying so hard and clearly upset, dear. What's the matter?" Chris questioned me, putting his hands gently on my face.

"You're so good to me. I can't believe I got so lucky with someone so loving and kind, and that we get to marry one another. I just love you so much." I cried, feeling like a bumbling idiot.

"My precious girl, I love you so much too. Two weeks is still far too much time to not legally be your husband. I was afraid you were crying because of my terrible dancing." Chris said, wiping some of my tears away.

"No, you're such a good dancer." I whimpered, trying to get the strength back in my voice.

"Aw, thank you, lovely lady. No more tears though, only happiness is allowed until our wedding, even if they're tears of joy. After all, I've been promised some next level sobbing at the wedding." Chris teased me.

"You're marrying such a crybaby." I chuckled.

"I'm marrying a perfect woman." Chris countered.

"Oh, what's her name?" I wondered.

"Zoey Blake." He grinned.

"She sounds lovely, I'm sure she loves you more than life itself." I said.

"She is my life." Chris whispered.