A Slice of Heaven

2 Days Later

Chris' POV ~

"You almost ready?" I asked Zoey, as she was in the kitchen packing our picnic basket.

"Almost. Don't look though! There's special somethings in there for you." Zoey said, shutting the lid of the basket.

"Something's special in here for me." I chuckled, resting my hand on the back of her skirt.

"Tonight we'll play and work on Operation: Knock Zoey up." She assured me with a huge smile.

I smiled back at her, hugging her tight as I kissed every square inch of skin that was peeking out from her t-shirt. She attempted to finish packing everything with me hanging onto her like the neediest man in the world, and grabbed her sunglasses as the last thing we needed before we headed out. I just grabbed house keys to lock things up before we headed out and started walking towards our tropical little hideaway.

Zoey grabbed my hand once we were out the door and all but skipped down the dirt path in the direction of our destination. I squeezed her hand tightly, bringing it up to my lips to kiss it which made her blush the most adorable shade of pink.

"Love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." Zoey cheered, as if she wanted the whole world to know it.

The smile on her face was simply the brightest I had ever seen. She walked with a complete skip in her step, her eyes displayed pure joy and happiness, and the way she clung to me was her own way of promising to never let me go. I was in heaven, and I had my own personal angel here with me.

"If I could propose to you and get married to you every single day of my life, I would do it. Just to relive those precious moments with you. Not to ruin the sweetness and talk dirty, but that first night as well. Being so close and intimate with you, there's no place I'd rather be." I informed her, taking a left and continuing to give her directions to my fun little spot that I found for the two of us.

"All of it was perfect, Chris. Absolutely perfect." Zoey told me, holding onto my hand tighter.

"You gave me a chance, Zoey. You gave me those 45 days, and I can never thank you enough for giving me that chance to prove myself to you. Never once did I expect for you to love me, or consider me anything more than some annoying boss, but somehow I got lucky enough to watch you become my wife. I know there's a whole lot of trust in our dynamic, and that you put yourself in my care and hands very often, and I want to thank you for that. You love me as a husband and as a dominant. While one of those matters a whole lot more than the other, it just never amazes me how much you truly love me. It's every time you kiss me, every time you smile when you see me, every time you curl up at my feet and out all of your faith in me to keep you safe...it's powerful stuff. I don't know where I'm going with all of this, but just let me say this once again. I love you." I said, my entire heart not able to contain all of the love I have for this ridiculously kind, loving, and sweet woman who I got to call my own.

"Oh, Chris." She replied, wrapping her arms around my waist and hugging me. "I love you too, baby. So much."

I set down the picnic basket to pick her up and hold her as close to me as I could. She rested her head down on my shoulder and I could feel some happy tears leaking down her cheek and dampening my shoulder.

"Sorry to get so sappy. I just can never say I love you enough. You're so good to me." I told her, brushing a lock of hair out of her face.

"Aww, that's ok. It's actually nice to not be the one to first engage the sap." She giggled, picking up the picnic basket.