Wedding Bells

"Want another mimosa?" Chris' sister chuckled, as she put down the eyeshadow.

"Yes, but no. If I keep it up at this rate and I'll be stumbling down the aisle. I'm clumsy already, I definitely don't need any more booze to reduce my balance." I laughed along with her.

"Chris is going to absolutely freak when he sees you in your dress. Watching his jaw drop is going to be one for the books." She said.

"Indeed! Excuse me for just a few minutes, I have to use the ladies room and I'll be right back. " I told her, setting my empty glass down and walking out the door before I sprinted down the hallway.

Sneaking through the back halls and trying not to get caught, I slipped into the elevator and went down to the basement floor, ready to sneak a peek at my handsome groom. The doors opened up and I groaned when I saw someone who was not my soon to be husband standing in my way.

"Back up the elevator, ma'am." Spencer said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh come one, how the fuck did you find out?" I groaned, upset that my plan to meet up with Chris had been foiled.

"Doesn't matter, now hop on back up to your floor." Spencer told me, taking another step towards me.

"Ugh, you're a pain in my buttocks, Charnas!" I grumbled, pressing the button to head back up to the first floor.

"See you soon, little minx." He laughed, waving goodbye to me.

I rolled my eyes at this and when I got back to my room, his sister made it clear that I was no longer to be up to no good. Afterall it was 'bad luck' to see the bride before the wedding but both Chris and I thought that was a big old steaming pile of bs. Whatever though, might as well keep everyone else around us happy and content.

The hours of the morning seemingly ticked away into some abyss, and before I knew it Chris' sister was bringing out my dress.

"Ready for this beaut?" She happily cheered.

"I'm so ready." I shouted with joy.

The next hour or so was filled with getting my dress on, having my hair done as my make up was already accomplished, and then it just became a waiting game where the clock was my enemy. The stupid thing couldn't hurry any faster. The bridesmaids got their dresses on, while I sat an entertained our flower girl with rated G version of how Chris and I fell in love, at her request.

"I like Chris." She smiled up at me.

"I do too. I love him." I replied, already at a risk of being choked up.

"What's the difference between liking and loving someone? How do you know?" She perked up.

"When you find a guy who loves you for who you are and is able to make you laugh and smile when all you want to do is cry..that's love. You're willing to spend the rest of your life with that person." I explained to her.