If At First You Don't Succeed, Try Try Again

Chris' POV ~ 

"You alright?" I whispered, standing over her and looking down at her still frame.

"Just enjoying paradise." She sang.

"It's pretty amazing, isn't it?" I replied, handing her the fruity cocktail I had googled and whipped up for her and sat down next to her with my ever fancy vanilla coke.

"I can't even put into words with how beautiful everything here is. The trees, the mountains, the waterfalls, the wildlife, flowers, and the water. This water is the most gorgeous, delightful, and pleasant thing I've ever experienced outside of our relationship." Zoey said, adding that last part on for good measure.

"You want to go out in the water?" I asked her, figuring we could grab one of those clear canoes and just spend our day out on the water.

"Would you like that?" She beamed.

"That's a yes." I laughed, getting up and hearing the loud crack of my knees.

"Hey old man, you're going to need new knees soon." Zoey teased me.

"It's because I'm always bending down to kiss you." I smirked, heading over to the little shack next to the house and pulling out one of the canoes and two paddles.

"Then perhaps we should invest in a pair of high heels." She giggled, coming over to help me drag the canoe down to shore.

"Oh shit, you dropped something behind you." I exclaimed once we reached the edge of the water.

"Really? How many times do you think I'll fall for that? If you want to see my ass, just ask." Zoey told me, her smile stretching across her beautiful face.

"It's more polite." I chuckled, sneaking my hand around her back and grabbing that lovely ass of hers.

"Don't act like there's something to grab. It's a sad ass and you know it, Master." She snickered, grabbing the two paddles and running down to the water.

"I married that ass, don't you insult it." I growled.

"Ok, ok." She dramatically sighed, playfully rolling her eyes.

I met her down at the edge of the water where I pushed the canoe into the water. When it was nice and steady I helped Zoey into her seat. Pushing the canoe into the water, I figured I could hop into the craft and make it in just fine.

The flipping over of the canoe and the sound of Zoey plummeting into the water told me I was fine.

"You alright?" I exclaimed, quickly going over to her.

"Get in on the land, dummy." She laughed, her eyes brimming with tears from how hard she was giggling.

"Dummy?" I gasped, clutching my chest.

"My dummy." She smirked, pedaling back to the shore.

"Second time's a charm." I groaned.

This time I slipped into the canoe on land and we were both able to push ourselves off of the shore with our paddles. Once we got going, I took the responsibility of doing the heavy rowing and Zoey was our conductor by making all of the turns and whatnot.

The two of us rowed out into the stunning light blue water that allowed you to see right down to the floor of the water. That's when Zoey put her paddle across her lap and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Can I ask you a question? A serious question?" Zoey wondered, her expression turning a little worried.

"Of course, ask me anything." I assured her.