Chapter 3 : Encounter with Danger (1)

Its been a few days since they left and Maescia and the girls are slowly making their way to the academy. They should be arriving in half a month's time should there be no problems on the way.

Along the way the two girls Emily and Amity have been constantly fighting due to the instigation of Amity to which Emily responds to with her Ice Magic to which Amity smashes with her hammer. This occured a few times when they were out of the carriage mostly during camping at night or resting and eating in a picnic like setting. The two girls would usually behave as soon as Rona glares at them so there hasn't been that much damage and seeing how mad Rona was when they fought outside the two didn't dare to fight inside the carriage but just exchanged some words.

Towards this Maescia found amusing, She also got closer to the 3 girls and Maescia found them pretty likable and her impression of them as good and kind people rose up.

A few days has passed and their journey has been smooth and they are now passing through the forest of everlasting darkness.

"It seems that we will arrive earlier than expected." (Rona)

"We just need to get passed this forest, but we should not let lose our guards. Even though we are only passing through the side of the forest of everlasting darkness ots still dangerous especially at night where denizens of the forest is even more empowered." (Seiyana)

Towards Seiyana's words everyone in the carriage agreed and heightened their guards.

A few more days has passed and as they were traveling they eventually reached the halfway point in their journey avross the forest.

The girls are currently having lunch and enjoying their food which was cooked by the
Fourth sister Leica. As they were having lunch they suddenly sense an intense pressure coming from the forest behind them.

Looking behind them Maescia saw two giant lizard like figures coming out from the forest.

"Those are basilisks we need to run!" (Rona)

Rona exclaimed in fear seeing the two huge basilisks emerging from the forest.

"Maecia don't look at their eyes!" (Leiliana)

Seeing that Maescia was looking towards the Basilisks her third sister pulled her gaze away from the two basilisks and reminded her of the petrifying gaze that basilisks inherently possess.

"Do not look at their eyes they contain an ability called [Petrifying Gaze] which paralyzes your body if your not careful. Those who are 3 stages below the basilisks rank will find it hard to resist. The ones who wont be able to resist will turn to stone while those who dont will find it hard to move." (Leiliana)

Seeing the Basilisks approaching everyone prepared for combat.

"I call forth the divine protection of the Holy Goddess grant your children your protection!, [Holy Sanctuary] !"

The fourth sister Leica immediately casted several different support magics. Starting with [Holy Sanctuary] she casted them in sucession.

She only stopped when she casted the fifth one. Among the five she casted it has the following effects.

The first one [Holy Sanctuary] forms an area of effect ability which raises the various abilities such as defense and attack power of its user suroundings and it dispels any negative effects such as the Basilisk's poison and [Petrifying gaze] to certain extent depending on the user.

The second one is [Holy Guard] enacts several shields and raises the defense capabilities of the group more than [Holy Sanctuary] does.

The third is [Holy Shield] another shield type spell.

and the last two were [Holy Enchant: Attack] and [Holy Enchant: Defense].

After casting several magic spells the fourth sister Leicia paled a bit. It seems she overexerted herself casting several spells to each of us, especially the [Holy Sanctuary] spell which is one of the high class spells in the Light type branch of magic.

"Everyone use your ranged type attacks together!" (Rona)

Towards Rona's shout everyone prepared their attacks.

"Come forth, [Holy Circle] !" (Leicia)

Leicia then summoned forth multiple [Holy circles]. What this spells does is multiplies the damage when the attack hits the spot where this spell marks.

Following on Leicia's attack Seiyana gathers [Prana] and prepares to unleash a Sword Arte technique.

People in this world typically cultivates two paths the first one being the Magic path where they cultivate [Mana] and use techniques called magic the other path is called Artes Path where they use the energy called [Prana] . Artes are similar to the Magic used by mages but unlike in Magic where they use Elemental Laws, Artes are used to tap into the Martial Laws to bring out the inherent abilities of several Artes such as Sword Artes which uses the way of the Sword or Bow Artes which uses the way of Archery.

The user of Artes uses the [Prana] of the world to create attacks with some that can be comparable to magic attacks.

"Sword the severs the sky, [Sky Severing Strike!]. (Seiyana)

After gathering enough [Prana] Seiyana releases a powerful attack towards the basilisks.

Immediately a huge amount of [Prana] was released as Seiyana swung her sword. As it was released it formed an arc that renders everything in its path to dust.

Beside Seiyana Maecia and the others also released their own attacks fowards the Basilisks.

"[Phantasmal Slash]."

"[Piercing Shot!]"

..
...
...

Several attacks from the group hit the basilisks as dust and smoke covered their vision.

"We need to run that wont stop them. Everyone get in the carriage!" (Rona)

Exclaimed Rona as all of them proceed to enter the carriage and Rona sat in the coachsit and drove it off.

Looking behind them they saw the smoke cleared up and saw the Basilisks survive with a few injuries.

"This is bad..." mutters Emily as she stares at the basilisks who ran after them.