Chapter 9 : Mysterious Temple.

«» for conversations with Grimelda and the others
[] for Maescia talking to past selves

◇◇◇◇

Waking up, Maescia smelled the thick sent of blood in the surroundings looking around she found out she was in a temple like place and looking into the distance she saw a spot full of blood like something died there. In the floor looked like several stab like markings.

Wondering what happened to the Basilisk she then heard a voice in her head.

«I took the liberty of putting the body of the Basilisk into your Item Ring.» (Anna)

[Thanks.] (Maescia)

«No problem»

In her mind heard Anna replying to here she also heard someone in the background screaming probably Skye

«U -»

«Uno!»

«Grimelda you Bastard!!!!»

It seems they were playing Uno this time around, Bidding farewell to Anastasia and the others who were playing Uno Maescia decided to explore this ruined temple for a while. But before doing that Maescia decided to contact Seiyana and the others using the [Messenger Stone] but it seems like something is preventing it from connecting.

Finally giving up Maescia used her [Magic Map] and [Magic Compass] to figure out where she is but like the [Messenger Stone] its also not working. Giving up once more Maescia then explore the ruins of the temple.

While searching she found a passageway leading below, thinking for a bit Maescia decided to enter.

Reaching the bottom of the passageway she saw a door with mysterious characters written in it.

«Here lies the Demon King of Tristitia, thise unprepared for the trials shall taste despair»

A voice resounded in her head as she was wondering what it was. It was Grimelda who spoke

[You can read it?] Asked Maescia to Grimelda who spoke.

«Yes, I can its written in the divine language of Gods surprisingly it seems like this Demon King of Tristitia maybe an apostle or a follower of a God. It should be the Demon God if im not mistaken.» (Grimelda)

In the background of the mental conversation Maescia could hear Skye's anguish at Grimelda.

«7, I exchange cards with Skye. Good luck with those cards( LOL)»

«You bastard!!!»

Ignoring the background noise of Skye. Maescia was a bit shocked when she heard the word Tristitia as it was the same as her surname. She wondered if it had any relationship to her family.

As she was in deep thought she heard Grimelda's serious voice as she prepares to enter the room.

«Maescia, you should be careful when you enter there worst case scenario we will be up against a God. Though it should not reach that stage yet.»

Heeding Grimelda,Maescia raised her vigilance and proceeded to open then enter the door.

Entering inside Maescia saw a coffin in the middle of the room behind it in the corner of the room was a throne. Maescia speculates that it should belong to the Demon King of Tristitia.

As Maescia steps into the room she heard a voice different from Grimelda and the others.

«Who dare enters mine tomb!?»

Maescia then saw a transparent figure coming out from the holes of the tomb.

«Seeing as you brazenly enter mine tomb after the warning outside. It means that you agree to take the trials to become mine sucessor!»

The spirit then looked at Maescia and became shocked.

«Impossible! There is still someone who possess my bloodline left in this world?!»

The spirit looked at Maescia and he was sure that she was his descendant. Maescia on the other hand was shocked that she had Demon Race ancestry. She had always believed she was a hundred percent human but it seems thats not the case.

«However this demonic blood is so thin that you can be considered part of the human race... but no matter your still my descendant

The spirit said as he looked towards the shocked Maescia.

«It would seem thou hasnt know of thy ancestry»

Maescia then recollected herself and bowed down to her ancestor. Even if she wasn't sure of her bloodline the spirit has no reason to lie to her and appears as though he is telling the truth. With that as the case she should be respectful to her ancestor.

"Maescia greets ancestor."

Seeing Maescia bow. The spirit smiled, he always thought that his descendants were no more when he fell during the great war back then but it seems some have survived and mixed humans. Although he had mix filling about Maescia being part human nevertheless she is still his descendants and he wanted to treat her like a granddaughter.

«Come closer my child, what is your name?»

"This one is called Maescia"

«Don't be shy and call me grandfather»

Maescia was kinda shocked at how fast the old man changed attitude earlier he was haughty and arrogant expert who looked down on the world now he looked just like a kind old man.

Unbeknownst to Maescia,the Demon King's attitude is reasonable for someone who hoped for a granddaughter as before he could meet his grandchildren he heard that his clan was massacred by the humans lead by someone who they called as the [Hero] that was the reason why he had so much hatred to the human race and thats the reason for his attitude towards Maescia. A combination of longing and guilt towards his descendants led to his actions and attitude.

«Little Mae, why have thou came to this old man's tomb?»

The old man finally asked as he saw the state of the temple and his tomb it appears to be abandoned and untouched for years adding on to the fact that Maescia has no knowledge of her ancestry based on what he could see he deduced that she had no reason to come here. And that confusion to his declaration of sucessor ship trial to her earlier her eyes held confusion.

Actually he misunderstood Maescia's confusion earlier since although she knew there was a trial she was shocked to find a spirit here.

To the old man's question Maescia then told of her story of how they we're attacked by Basilisks and how she fell from the cliff conveniently leaving out the part about her past lives. Which is not much of a problem as she was the only person who know of that part where she transformed and exchanged with Anastasia and there were no witnesses who did see it.

Hearing about her story the old man was angry at the lowly Basilisks for causing trouble to his descendants and happy to know about Maescia's sisters and that he had many more descendants.

«Seeing as thou is mine descendant you should have this, originally mineself should have given a trial to the person who reached here to get this but as mine descendant and seeing as thou can fight a Basilisks already at thy age it should be fine. But becareful of the trial this gives is something out mine control but im sure thou can pass the trial and absorb it. Should thou manage to absorb it, it will help thou greatly

The Demon King then held out his hand and an item appeared from it, it emitted strong demonic energy and pressure. He then held it out towards Maescia.