Chapter 8 : Cycle of Reincarnation

After Maescia sat down the white haired wolf girl distributed the cards among the 4 of them leaving 13 cards each among them.

"Well I thinks its fine for you to know now who we are. But first lets start with introductions. I am the Goddess the Rules over Death, Grimelda." The Goth loli girl said to Maescia.

"Goddess of Death?" Maescia asks again slightly shock. In her world few beings were called Gods by the people due to their strength she suspects this girl is one of them.

"Yes, but unlike those of your world I am a true God not like those who are titled but I possess the authority of a divine. So im not like them if thats what your think." (Grimelda)

Grimelda then showed a memory to Maescia where she ruled over her domain in the land of the dead. When Maescia saw this she finally believed.

"Ah by the way here how you play." Grimelda then sent another memory to Maescia about how to play card game Pusoy Dos

"Ah thanks." Receiving the memory Maescia got how to play the game.

"Well anyway continuing onwards. I should introduce these two, the red head is the [Crimson Sage], Laura Scarlet and the white hair wolf is the [VastSky Sword Saint], Skye Ashcloud." (Grimelda)

"Wait thats it?!" Asked Skye to the unenthusiastic way her and Laura got introduced.

"What do you want me to say then?!" Asked  Grimelda as she glared back at her.

On the other hand Laura really didn't mind it that much but found this scene amusing.

Meanwhile Maescia is confused at whats happening.

Seeing this Laura took it upon herself to continue the explanation.

"Ahem, well looks like they aren't gonna be finish for a while so I'll continue the explanation. To keep it simple we are you or to be more accurate your past selvesor previous lifes if you will." Laura kindly explains to Maescia.

"So wait those scenes I saw during the fight!" (Maescia)

"Those are our memories, well it was a dangerous situation so me and Skye helped a bit and made your body use those two techniques. Coincidentally you use [Mana]. This energy is really similar to the onebin my world so it's possible to recreate my techniques. By the way guys I go first!" (Laura)

Laura called out to Grimelda and Skye as she put down a flush of clovers.

"Wait what do you mean by worlds." (Maescia)

This time Grimelda took it upon herself to answer the question as she placed down a full house with 3 kings to which everyone passed. In the background you could hear Skye cursing her, "Damnit why did you put that down...!" She was planning on putting down a full house of her own but it seems like Grimelda's was higher in value.

"You see the world your born in isn't the only one out there in this universe. There exists worlds like Laura's that is similar to your world and has energy similar to [Mana] and like those in Skye's world which is based more on [Spiritual contracts]." (Grimelda)

Skye then continued for her, "You see people in my world is pretty similar to your world we also cultivate an energy that we call [Spiritual Energy] we manifest our powers through spirit contracts. Which is why I have these." She then pointed at her wolf ears and tail.

After pointing she continued, "My sword here is a spirit I made a contract with called [Fenrir]. As my partner it influenced me leading to my physical appearance changing a bit as I draw power from it."

After Grimelda put down a 3 of hearts Skye then put down a 4 of spade. To which Maescia followed up with a 4 diamond.

"Well anyway we possess an inherent ability called [Inheritance of Past] that makes us inherit our past, well to keep it simply as long as our soul isnt destroy we will keep remembering our past at the ages of 13-15 and this skill has the ability to record our past lives or something like that. It originated from her." Skye finishes and points at Grimelda with her thumb

"Well you see all of them including you and Anna whos currently controlling your body originated from me. As my soul is that of a God it is considerably more powerful than those others. In the first place my soul shouldn't have entered the reincarnation circle as Gods can't die as long as our souls are intact but my soul was able to escape before it was able to be destroyed by my sister who betrayed me. Well in the end it escaped to the circle of Reincarnation as it was near the Death Realm and it recorded my every lifetime in each reincarnation resulting in this ability." Grimelda looked slightly pained when she arrived at the middle part lf her explanation. She was comforted by the other 3 in the room.

Although Maescia doesn't know her past perhaps it was because Grimelda is also a version of herself that she could feel what Grimelda was feeling, and she felt that both Skye and Laura could feel the same.

Recovering her composure Grimelda continued her explanation.
"Well anyway if your wondering why the circle of Reincarnation is so near, its because my former job was to judge the souls in the afterlife. Something like Yama in the legends in Mashiro's world." (Grimelda)

"Im guessing this Mashiro is one of my past lives?" (Maescia)

"Yes, you see most of the others are still asleep as you haven't recovered or remembered your lives in their world. Well the more you remember the more of our powers and abilities you can use or use our techniques.

Ah that reminds me you should learn this it should come in handy and with that you can use our powers with us exchanging with you." (Grimelda)

Grimelda then passed to Maescia on how to use [Reincarnation Recall].

The technique was an ability on their united inherent skill [Inheritance of the Past]. It lets them restructure her body to similar to that of her past selves, similar to what Anastasia is currently doing.

"F*ck I lost again!" Yelled Skye as she loses the game of Pusoy Dos. She was the one left with cards left among the four of them.

"Well seems like times up Anna should be finished soon." (Grimelda)

As soon as Grimelda's voice was heard bright light enveloped Maescia as she disappeared from the [Subconscious Realm]

In Maescia's place appeared the Blond haired girl who exchanged with Maescia earlier.

"You finished up?" Asked Grimelda to Anastasia who appeared.

"Yup, but it seems we fell into a territory of a God." (Anastasia)

"Which one?"

"The Demon Goddess, Diablia."

...
...
...