Chapter 4 : Encounter with Danger (2)

Everyone had dark expressions as they stared at the incoming basilisks, they know that they can barely fight one of them and that they could do their best and potentially defeat one but fighting two was a hopeless endeavor.

"This is seriously bad... We could manage to fend off one even if we can't kill it but two would be a hopeless endeavor.." said Amity as she saw the incoming basilisks with a worried face.

"Everyone use ranged attacks and try to delay them for a bit as it stands its only a matter of time before they reach us at this rate and there is no way our horses will last till the academy, at that time we will be done for! We need to somehow lose them." Said Rona with a similar worried face like Amity as she advise her comrades of the best plan she could think off.

Responding to her words the whole party started gathering [Mana] and [Prana] and performed range attacks one after another.

"[Holy Smite]"

"[Crescent Moon Slash]"

"[Flare Circle]"

...

...

....

"[Holy Chains] BIND! "

As the group kept alternating between different spells and artes trying to delay the Basilisks, they saw that while the Basilisks did get delay by a bit its still not enough and decided to stop as they will only exhaust themselves as they still won't be able to get away.

"This is bad even if we do delay them for a bit they just keep on tanking the damage we deal at this rate we will only be delaying the inevitable..." (Seiyana)

"Agreed, even when I used [Holy Chains] it didnt bind them for long they immediately broke them apart. It should be the same for my other spells, much less my attack based spells that have weaker damage than you guys." (Leicia)

"I agree with Sei and Leicia, we should just reserve our energy as we will only reduce our chances of winning even more if we exhaust ourselves." Said Rona supporting Seiyana and Lecia's words with a grim face. She knows that even if they do reserve their energy they still won't be able to win not fend them off.

As the group were thinking of ways to escape the basilisks suddenly threw one of them towards their carriage and hit them.

"What! Oh no everyone brace for impact!" Rona yelled outloud and reminded her comrades.

"Leicia defensive spell now!" Yelled Seiyana as she embrace Maescia and her sisters in an embrace.

As the carriage was toppled over the whole party was lied down on the group. They then stood up and glared at the basilisks.

"Everyone alright?" Asked Rona as she saw Leicia already healing the party.

"We can still fight." Responded Seiyana.

"There is only one way we can escape." Said Maescia who was usually quiet...

Towards her words everyone remembered her suggestion in the carriage.

Flashback

As the group were contemplating what to do the usually quiet one,Maescia spoke up.

"How about we enter the forest?"

Towards her words everyone was startled and shock.

"What do you mean? If we do go there it would be just be going to our deaths..." asked Amity with a skeptical face.

"Yeah.... I hate to agree with this moron but she is right the Dark Forest is home to various more powerful creatures than the basilisks it would be more dangerous."' Said Emily who suprisingly agreed with the person she commonly disagrees with, Amity.

"Hey who are you calling moron!?" Says Amity with a face of irritation as she looks toward Emily

"The one who responded thats who!" Replied Emily towards Amity with a mocking expression.

Towards the two who will probably start bickering Rona hit their heads with her fists and scolded them.

"Shut up you two this is not the time. Lets hear Maescia's plan first." (Rona)

Rona then turned her gaze towards Maescia encouraging her to continue. Towards this Maescia nodded and continued.

"You see while our current path is pretty safe we don't have any cover its all grass plains, unless we can outrun them which is impossible in our current situation its only a matter of time before they reach us." She then moved her gaze towards the forest and continued. " but look at the forest the trees are thick and its pretty dark if we skillfully hide ourselves there is a good chance we could escape the basilisk"

Towards Maescia's plan they should some agreement and was convinced.

"I can agree with your plan but we should keep as a last resort. Okay anyone else has any suggestions?"

End of flashback

Returning back to the present Rona made a dark face and gritted her teeth and finally agreed with Maescia.

"Fine lets do it!"

As her voice resounded the two basilisks charge forth and managed to separate the two groups.

"Sh*t, guys we have no choice split up. Quickly into the forest!" (Rona)

With her words the group split off from each other.

On Maescia's group was Emily and her sisters Leiliana and Seiyana.

On Rona's group was her and Maescia's sister Leicia and Amity.

It seems that Emily was blown towards Maescia and her sisters while they sticked together due to Seiyana's embrace.

On the other hand Leicia was blown towards Rona and Amity 's side as they were sent flying.

Agreeing with Rona, Seiyana lead her group into the forest while Rona similarly lead hers.

The two basilisks also splitted off as they chased after the two groups.