Chapter 15 : Labyrinth of Greed and Gluttony

A few days have passed since then. They party was feeling much better in terms of emotional status. Seiyana was now awake and most of her injuries have passed.

When Seiyana first awoken she looked and found that everyone has reunited. She then noticed that she couldn't see Maescia's figure anywhere. She then ask everyone about it. To which she was then told of the story of what happened after she was knocked unconscious.

"Its... my fault if only.... I didnt get knocked out little Mae wouldn't have been forced to take the Basilisk on by herself...."

At first she was crying and blaming herself but with the help of Rona was able to calm down.

"Its not your fault. Nobody is at fault here. There is no use blaming yourself on something that already happened. In the first place its not like shes really confirmed dead."

Hearing Rona's reasoning she was able to calm down a bit. Rona was right, there was no use blaming herself for something that already happened and hearing Rona's reasoning there is a chance that Maescia is still alive.

The group then decided to rest at that place and set up camp. Over the next few days the group were staying in the same spot as they are waiting for Seiyana's injuries to completely heal. Seiyana at first was worried that taking too much time would increase the danger Maescia is in and tried to persuade everyone to start searching the area down where she fell.

Thankfully with the help of Leicia's healing magic she was able to heal rather quickly.

Currently the group is searching the area where they presumed Maescia fell at. As they were searching Amity suddenly found a hidden door in some temple ruins.

Deciding to check it out, everyone followed Amity as she leads them to the temple ruins. The group decided to search the ruins as well. As there is a possibility that Maescia took shelter there due to her injuries after her escape.

"This should be the area." (Amity)

"Okay everyone lets search!" (Rona)

As the group was searching Emily found a huge altar in the main hall of the temple. Behind her the group also arrived there seeing her look at the altar.

"I wonder which deity they worshipped here..." mutter Leicia slightly curious as she looks at the statue above the altar, she hadnt seen a temple like this one before. Even the designs are different from the temples the worships other Gods that she know of.

The group then approached the altar for a closer look but then suddenly the entire area of the floor glowed. It was a giant circular thing with several inscriptions written in it.

"Oh no everyone run! Its a formation!!!" (Emily)

Hearing Emily's voice the group tried to run away to outside the formation but it seems it was too late and a light enveloped all of them.

As the light in the room disappears, The figures of Seiyana and the others could not be found in the room.

What was left was silence that was here before Seiyana and the others came. Unknown to Seiyana and the others the eyes of the statues glowed red and a voice of a young girl could be heard.

[Fufufu this should be interesting. I hope one of them will find and obtain the second one. I wonder which of them would have it...](?)

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

After some time later Seiyana and the others finally woke up. Looking their surroundings they saw it was different from where they were at earlier. The walls look similar to the dungeons they been before.

"Where are we...?" (Amity)

"It seems similar to a dungeon..." (Seiyana)

"Theres a high chance this is a dungeon." Rona said then turned her head to Emily and continued. "What do you think, Emi?"

"It should be... that formation must have been set to teleport people. It should have activated in response to the [Mana] and [Prana] in our bodies. Judging by the walls and surroundings this should be a dungeon." (Emily)

The group then discussed among themselves what they should do. In the end the group decided that the best course of action was to explore and hope they find the exit while navigation through the dungeon.

After discussing the group then walked forwards which is the only pathway in the room their at. After walking for a while the group finally saw a sign

"Welcome to the Labyrinth of Avarithia and Gula... it says." (Amity)

The group then proceeded to go inside the entrance. Along the way they envountered many strong monsters. These monsters were stronger compared to the ones outside, in the forest with an exception of a few like the Basilisk and Black Tiger.

As they got nearer and nearer Seiyana and Leiliana could feel their blood boiling. Something was resonating with their bloodlines.

"Hey you two alright?" (Rona)

Seeing the two conditions Rona asks them with a concerned tone. But the two didnt have a chance to answer as they were resisting the pain they are feeling.

Seeing her two sister's expressions, Leicia checked their conditions. When she touched their skin it was really hot.

"Are you two alright?" Asked Leicia with a concerned expression.

Althought the two sisters heard her. They couldn't respond. But due to the intense pain they are feeling they were not able to reply.

The two then subconsciously walked forward.

"Hey where are you going?" (Amity)

"Something is calling us..."

The others then looked at each other and decided to follow them inside. Different from before it seems like the monsters weren't obstructing them this time. Just watching from beyond the shadows where only their eyes can be seen gazing at the group.

The group then finally arrived in a room where there two separate doors. The one of the right was a golden violet colored door. It had several mysterious inscriptions, there were several depictions of a bug like demon in it similar to a fly like it was telling a story. above the door was a huge sign saying "Dungeon of Gula"

On its side was a sign that said, "Only those who are worthy shall enter and face the trials of the Demon King Beelzebub."

The door on the left was similar to the one on the right but these time it was gold and emerald. Similar to the other door it had several mysterious inscriptions written in it. Unlike the other one this had a depiction of a hooded man surrounded by treasures and similar to the other one. It was also telling a story of some kind.

On its side was a similar sign that said, "Only those who are worthy shall enter and face the trials of Demon King Mammon."

As the group entered the room they heard two different voices call out to them. They then felt an overpowering presense in the room weighing down upon them. This was the first time they were faced against a being of this calliber.

""Welcome to our labyrinth, Potential Successors""

"My successor of Avarithia who had been call forth here. Enter my gate once thou are ready to face the trials that await thee." Said the first voice gesturing towards emerald like gate which glowed as it had been called.

"Similarly my successor of Gula, enter mine gate once thou are prepared to face my challenges that are awaiting." Said the second voice who gestured towards the golden violet door which glowed as it was called.

""But remember only those who are worthy can enter. Those not of our blood or worthy cannot enter the doors."" The two voices said to the group.

""We shall await thee in the deepest parts of the dungeons. Farewell."" After saying their farewells the overpowering presense disappeared from the room.