Chapter 19 : Trials (Side : Dungeon)

As Rona and the other entered the third door unlike in the two other doors what greeted them was a pathway similar to a dungeon.

After glacing at the others Rona led them as they go through the pathway. As they go deeper, they encountered many different monsters that was stronger than the monsters they fought before here.

They even met a monster that was comparable to the Basilisks from days ago but surprisingly as they go deeper the felt themselves getting stronger with each monster they slay, managing to fight a monster comparable to a basilisk with only the four of them unlike last time where they had to run with all 7 of them.

"This dungeon is weird... I feel stronger all of a sudden." (Emily)

"Yeah we were even able to fight of a manticore that had the same rank as a basilisk." (Amity)

As the group was wondering whats going on they heard a voice call out to them. A person materialized In front of them. It was the same person as the one who pointed them to this door.

[Greetings.]

The group was startled with the sudden appearance of the man. Ignoring their startled looks the man then explained what they were wondering.

[Allow me to explain the answer to your questions. You see in this dungeon lies the remains of two of the ancients 9 Demon Kings. Included among the 9 most powerful subordinates of the 9 Sin Demon Sovereign.]

"What does that have to do with anything." Asked Amity who was curious.

[Allow me to finish. You see the 9 Sins Demon Sovereign has 9 artifacts called the 9 Sins Insignias. Each of them possessing unimaginable power. This is what gave him his title.] The man paused and reminisce of the ancient era where he remembers the dominating power of his master when he wielded 9 of them.

Back then the 9 Sins Demon Sovereign impressive power gave the demon race the freedom it has today. He gave the demon race the opportunity to stand against the other races as equals and no longer oppressed by them.

"Wait...then one of those artifacts reside here?" Said Rona as if realizing something.

Those words woke up the man from his reminisce and continued his story.

[Yes that is correct but its not just one but two of them.]

Hearing this the group was astonished. An artifact that belonged to a Sovereign should have unimaginable power even more so from the 9 Sins Demon Sovereign who was among the top Sovereign in history. An artifact from him should be more powerful than others. Especially the ones that gave him his moniker.

[You see among the 9 Insignias there were two that had the ability to absorb the energy of the world. The first one is the [Insignia of Gula]. This insignia has the ability called [Devour], it can devour any type of energy whether it was [Prana], [Mana] and even [Demonia] that demons use, and Its not limited to those three.

This insignia was particularly helpful in cultivating, as it helps you refine the energy. It was even possible to devour the energy of your opponent, given that you have enough time to do so.

The other insignia is the [Insignia of Avarithia]. It is similar to the [Insignia of Gula] but different at the same time. It also possess the ability to take or absorb energy from others similar to the other insignia. what it has is an ability called [Steal]. This ability is faster than absorbing the energy than [Devour] , in taking from the opponent, even more if they are constantly up close.

But unlike [Devour] the user could use energy from the surroundings to power their attack. With this they can use attacks that are beyond their limits as they dont need to use their own power but the surrounding energy. Additionally the energy cannot be used for cultivation and is temporary.]

"I dont get it how are they different arent they basically the same? In the end they both just take energy." (Amity)

"Your an idiot arent you..." said Emily behind her. When she saw that Amity didnt get how they are different.

"You..." Hearing this Amity glared at her. It looks like they were once more going to argue. But thankfully Leicia stopped them as she kindly explains.

"Although they do both have the ability to absorb energy. The process and how they use it is different. Avarithia should be more of borrowing energy to aid the user in its attack while Gula should be more on refining the energy for getting stronger." (Leicia)

As if to add on to Leicia's explaination the man speaks once more.

[That should be correct. If it is explained in simple terms, Avarithia is taking energy for the present as Gula is for the future.

Avarithia does not possess the power to refine energy as fast as Gula to which the latter excels at. In a battle of attrition the one who possess the [Insignia of Gula] always has the higher chance of winning as they can replenish energy from the surroundings. On the other hand the [Insignia of Avarithia] can give its owner the ability to use attacks that exceed his strength and give them the ability to kill even those higher ranked than them.]

Finally getting how they were different Amity nodded.

"So what does that have to do with us getting stronger in this dungeon?" Asked Amity bringing the conversation back to the beginning.

[You see this whole labyrinth was built with the power of the two insignias. The people who enter this dungeon can absorb the energy from the monsters you have slain. The energy is then refined inside you body with the power of the insignias. This effect is only possible with the two insignias combines power.

It also helps that this area has rich energy due to this being the resting place of two demon kings.]

This labyrinth was created with the power of two insignias the specializes in taking energy from its surroundings there was also the fact that it was located in a dragon vein full of Origin Energy, where every energy used in this world was derived from.

During the war in that era the two demon kings used the last of their power to hide the two insignias to prevent it from falling into enemy hands. This labyrinth was created for that reason and to choose the next successors that are worthy.

[If thats all of your questions I shall leave now. See you in the end.]

Saying that the hooded mysterious man disappeared.

After the disappearance of the hooded man the party continued to dungeon and used this opportunity to train themselves.