Chapter 17 : Trials (Side : Gluttony)

As Seiyana entered the huge gates what awaits her was a dark room with a single pathway in front of her. She then heard one of the voices from before call out to her and gave her advice.

[I pray that you have the determination to complete this trial. Do not lose focus in whats important to you. Push out the needless desires and push on.]

After hearing the advice the voice gave to her she looks towards the path in front of her. Seiyana thought about it for a bit and decided to walk on it. She walked continiously for hours. She looked back and saw that the path from behind disapeared. Seeing as she has no choice Seiyana decided to continue traveling this lone path in this world of darkness.

As she was walking she felt the scenery changed. She was now in a desolate wasteland. The place was a desert with sand located everywhere. Feeling the scorching heat from the sun she tried to use her [Prana] to fend off the heat, but to her surprise she found out she cant use her [Prana] in this space.

Seeing as she has no other choice, Seiyana persevered on and continued to walk in this deserted lands. She then saw a sandstorm approaching her from front. Seeing this she looked in the surroundings for cover and saw that there was nothing she could use.

"Damn it..."

Gritting her teeth she braced herself to take on this sandstorm.

As the sandstorm passess she felt that her body was being whipped from all direction. Without her [Prana] she took the brunt of the damage leaving her body full of wounds and hurting all over, but despite this she continued on and walked forward despite her injuries.

Some time has passed and Seiyana was lying down on the ground covered in countless wounds from the being whipped by the sandstorm.

"I curse that bastard who made this place." Said Seiyana full of grievances and anger towards the person who made this place.

After a while, Seiyana stood up and continued to march forward.

As she walks forward the surroundings once again changed from before. It was no longer the desolate wasteland from before. It was now a world of ice and frost.

Feeling the coldness from the surroundings Seiyana's body shivered. The icy cold winds blew towards body as it shivers.

Feeling the intense icy winds Seiyana was pushed back a little. Seiyana then persevered on and walk forward once more.

Seiyana walked for countless hours. She could no longer feel the passage of time in this place. She could only feel the harshness of the surroundings towards her body.

A couple of hours passed and Seiyana's body could be seen lying down on the snow. From a distance it was unknown if she was still even alive.

After a few moments Seiyana stood up once more. Parts of her body frozen due to the icy harshness of the icy world.

Walking a few more moments Seiyana once more felt the world change once more. She was now in the middle of a wasteland. Looking above her she saw countless thunderclouds forming.

"Are you serious..." Seiyana looking at the thunderclouds immediately thought of something and as if to match her expectations a lightning bolt emerge from the clouds and headed towards her.

"Damn..."

The lightning bolt striked Seiyana's body one after another. This continued on and on and surprisingly none of the lightning bolts killed her as this went on and on.

As the lightning strucked her again and again she felt her whole body feeling intense pain with countless injuries from the various things she experienced.

The storm of lightning bolt continued for a while before stopping and Seiyana's body could be seen in the middle of scorched ground from being striked by the bolts of lightning alongside Seiyana.

Opening her eyes once more, Seiyana felt her body in pain. Looking towards the surroundings she saw that she was in a middle of a sea storm in a lone small rock. From a distance she could see a gigantic wave coming towards her.

"Im going to kill the person who made this... trial..." muttured Seiyana in her breathless state. She knew there was no way she could avoid the incoming wave with her body full of injuries she couldnt even get up anymore.

The wave then mercilessly strucked Seiyana. She then stabbed her sword in the stone platform that she was on to prevent her from being thrown to the sea.

As if ridiculing her efforts the sea once again sent a stronger wave towards her, sending her towards the sea despite her efforts.

She was battered by the water currents underwater for hours and lost consciousness for a while.

Upon waking up Seiyana found herself in a world of intense flames. She felt her skin being scorched by the intense flames.

It was as if hell itself manifested into reality. In this world she was burned alive by countless flames. But surprisingly the flames and heat were at the upper limit of what she could handle.

This continued on for hours and her body could be seen in lying in the ground as flames enveloped it.

After a while the scenary changed once more. She was now at another wasteland from a distance she saw countless tornadoes coming towards her.

The tornadoes then strucked Seiyana's body leaving countless cuts from the intense winds that she is feeling.

This continued on for a while before she was returned to the desert from earlier.

Seiyana felt intense hunger, thirst and exhaustion through the various trials she faced. It was like the world was slowly devouring her strength as this goes on.

She then heard a voice different from the voice that gave her an advice.

[Child do you thirst for power? the power to resist this wretched world? Do you want to end you suffering? If so succumb to darkness and let us devour this wretched world!]

Towards this voice, Seiyana reached out her hand towards it but then remembered the voice that gave the advice earlier.

[Do not lose focus in whats important to you. Push out the needless desires and push on.]

Seiyana then thought of her family and friends. Although she wants the power to protect them she does not want power where will be devoured by it. As it wont protect whats important to her.

Having found her resolve she stopped her hand from taking the darkness and stood up once more and faced the incoming sandstorm.