Chapter 18 : Trials (Side : Avarice)

As Leiliana entered the gates she saw a world of darkness from the distance she saw two doors. One was worn down the other on the other hand was a luxurious golden door it was made of expensive materials.

Looking at the golden door Leiliana wanted to open it but she subconsciously went towards the other one.

Opening the other door she felt herself being enveloped by darkness.

It was at that moment that she heard a familiar voice call out to her. It was one of the voices in the room from earlier.

[Little one remember that sometimes the value of somethings is greater than what you see in the surface.]

As the darkness takes Leiliana. She was trapped in darkness. It was at this moment she saw a single light and went towards it.

Leiliana woke up and found herself in a worn down house. Looking around she saw that the room was quite old and broken down.

Standing up she left her bed and went out the room. What greeted her was her family. There were her sisters including Maescia there and her mother and father.

She then saw various images pop into her head. It was like dreams..., no memories of this body she was in. They were replacing her old memories that she had before coming here.

She had completely forgotten that she was in a trial nor that she lost her sister Maescia after that fall.

Several years have passed and Leiliana had spent time with her family here in this world. Through the years she has shown talent in different arts of combat, from sword, spear, axes and many more. Among the different arts she has shown to be extremely exceptional in archery.

Due to her attainments and talents she was recruited as  a member of the Archer Legion in the army. Later with her achievements in battles. She was granted the position of General and has her own army.

She had also earned a reputation as a cold, merciless and valiant general in the battlefield.

Through the long years Leiliana had been busy and couldnt spend much time with her family. As She is often participating in wars in the borders.

Today as well she was fighting against the invading forces of an opposing country.

"Archers get ready to fire!" (Leiliana)

Towards her words the archers of the kingdom raised their bows and drew the strings preparing to fire their arrows.

In the distance the cavalry of the opposing army is charging towards them.

Leiliana then raised her bow and aimed as well. She then gave out the order.

"Fire!" (Leiliana)

As Leiliana gave out the order the countless archers fired their bow and countless arrows rained down towards the incoming cavalry.

The cavalrymen hit with the arrows fell into the ground. Some of them dead and some of the horses were hit by the arrows as well. Although some of them fell, there were still others charging towards them.

Seeing the incoming cavalry, Leiliana once more raised her voice and gave out orders.

"Prepare the second volley!"

Her subordinates echoed her orders throughout the whole army informing the others of her others. With her orders the archers once more raised their bows into the sky.

"Fire!"

With her arrow taking the lead the archers fired countless arrows into the sky.

The arrows once more landed on the cavalry knights.