Chapter 6 : Forest of Everlasting Darkness

After resting up Maescia and her group continued to travel the forest with Seiyana leading them. Along the way they saw many Demonic Beasts and encountered some that they defeated and those that they could not defeat they ran away from.

A few days have past since the day they lost the Basilisks. In these few days they have communicated with Rona's group using a [Messenger Stone] and found out they were safe to the relief of everyone in this group. They also heard how they managed to obtained the body of the Basilisk and a Black Tiger and praised them for their courage and quick thinking.

The group said farewell to them and hoped that they would be safe as the two groups head to the meeting point.

These past few days Maescia was getting more used in real combat and for some odd reason she was doing some unknown nostalgic and familiar moves.

How do I know these different techniques and moves. I haven't been taught by them before... it's like I used them before as well as they have a hint of nostalgia.

The others in her group especially her sisters was suspiscious of her as they also know of the techniques passed down their family but just thought of it as Maescia's self taught technique.

The group continued to travelled along the forest. Maescia also learned of survival techniqued besides fighting ones as she traveled with her sisters and emily. Sometimes at night while she was asleep she saw visions of a castle, a golden throne and battlefield and all sorts of vision.

There was one time she saw herself standing in the middle of a thousand corpses, but strangely she felt calm in this situation like shes used to it.

Maescia just thought of them as her weird dreams and took no notice of them. She just attributed it to her getting used to fighting and her excitement to going to the majestic academy.

Today was similar as well Maescia and her group have just fixed up their camp and stored the demonic beasts who were killed by the person who stood guard(they alternated in teams of two) throughout the night.

After finishing breakfast the group proceeded to travel to the meeting point with the use of their map and compass both magic tools that show where they are and direction their in.

As they were traveling they heard a hiss and saw the Basilisk from a few days ago find them again. It seems that it was persistent and was tracking them down these past few days!

"It's back!" Leiliana exclaimed as she saw the familiar basilisk from a few days ago.

The group immediately prepared themselves for combat and ran out as they know they won't stand a chance without their full party as they are not with Rona's group and they know that they won't stand a chance without their full party.

They were chased by the Basilisk as they ran along the way they tried to delayed it with various Artes and Spells but to no avail the Basilisk tanked the damage like it did a few days ago.

As the group ran they eventually reached an open area and saw a cliff ahead.

"This is bad... everyone prepare to fight!" Said Seiyana as they know they have no chance to escape as if they do fled towards down the cliff their chances of survival are dim.

Towards Seiyana's word the whole group prepared themselves to fight to the death.

Shortly after the Basilisk then appeared from the sea of tress in the forest it was dark and menacing. Emily immediately chanted a spell similar to Leicia's [Holy Sanctuary] but it could be seen that the effect was weaker compared to Leicia's Spell a few days ago. But nevertheless it helped with the pressure they felt from the Basilisk and negated the [Petifying Gaze] of the Basilisk.