Chapter 11 : The 13 Grand Worlds

After receiving the knowledge on how to use the power of the Insignia, Maescia's consciousness returned to her body in the temple.

I take it thou were successful?

The old demon king asked Maescia seeing her exit meditation. The demon king knew that Maescia succeeded but he wanted to hear for himself.

Maescia responded with a smile and showed the insignia in her right hand. The insignia showed a cross with a snake encorcling it above the cross were a crown and angel wings.

 The insignia showed a cross with a snake encorcling it above the cross were a crown and angel wings

The demon king seeing the crest let out a smile.

Congratulations on becoming mine successor Im sure thou will accomplish many more things.

The demon king continued and said,

Go try some of its abilities, i'll give thou pointers as best as I can.

The Demon King is aware that Maescia possess the knowledge on how to activate its abilities but having knowledge and applying that knowledge are two different things.

《Lets first manifest the Sin Armament of Tristitia. Imagine the ideal weapon for you.》

As the Demon King instructed, Maescia began to imagine the ideal weapon that she wants. At first she thought of a sword being it her main weapon and all but then an image appeared in her mind. Maescia then called out its name.

"Harvestor of souls, thy blade that reaps through the night, let us break the chains of fate once more [Erubus Nyxia]! "

As Maescia called out a jet black scythe appeared, in its handle were the words <Tristitia> written in divine language. On its blade was the insignia of Tristitia glowing crimson red.

Maescia then heard Grimelda's voice in her head. "Thats the Death Scythe [Erubus Nyxia]..."

Grimelda recognized the Scythe as it appeared it was extremely similar to the one she use back in the divine realm in her domain.

[You know of it Grimelda?] (Maescia)

[Of course, its the same as my old scythe back in the divine realm] Grimelda then continued, [This insignia's power is most probably the ability to project ones imagination into reality. You were most likely influenced by me as you were able to projected my weapon from when I was alive. Illusions should also fall under its power.]

[Isn't that really powerful?] (Maescia)

[It is, even among the high ranked armaments used by Emperors and Overlords in the 13 Grand Worlds it is comparable. I honestly didn't expect something like this insignia here. If im not wrong it should fall under the Divine Class Artifact. As expected of the Demon Goddess I guess.] Grimelda said with a tinge of amazement in her voice.

Maescia herself was shocked by the might this insignia possess as well. Based on what Grimelda said it should possess unimaginable power, but then Maescia also picked up on something that grimelda said.

[Hey Grimelda, what is this 13 Grand Worlds you talked about?] Maescia asked curiously as this was the first time she asked about it.

[The 13 Grand Worlds are the only 13 Worlds that are classed as "Grand World" the highest ranked world in the whole universe just ranked below the Divine Realm where the Gods reside and manage the countless lower ranked worlds. The 13 Grand Worlds in unlike the other worlds as it is managed by the supreme ruler of the Gods, The God of Creation.] Grimelda then looked at the shocked Maescia and continued, [The 13 worlds are different from the other countless worlds. They are connected to each other.]

[What do you mean?]

[Well you see the worlds themselves have sealed passageways between them and only those of sufficient strength can break through them. Take for example your world. In your world the only one who can break through the barrier and ascend to a higher world are those at the Sovereign class if we use the ranking system of this world. The 13 grand worlds aren't like your world the passage way there are unsealed and all 13 of them are connected to each other and it is the only world that is connected to the divine realm.] (Grimelda)

Hearing that only sovereigns can break the barriers Maescia was left in unending shock. She then realised something.

[Wait... then the reason that Sovereigns in this world disapear is because they ascend in a higher world?] (Maescia)

[That should be correct. If im not mistaken they should have ascended straight into the 13 Grand Worlds based on the rank of this world.] (Grimelda)

[How do you determine the world's rank?] (Maescia)

[There are many factors that determine a world's rank. The main factor and the most important is the density of the origin energy in the world. In your world it should be the various energy in this world such as [Mana], [Prana] as we as that energy the demons use called [Demonia] all of them are derived from Origin Energy that is created by the world itself. The 13 Grand Worlds has the purest origin energy among the various worlds giving it the rank "Grand World" it is also considered the center of all worlds as all the worlds are connected to it. Also given the fact that your world can produce experts at the Emperor Class is already suficient to put it among the high ranking worlds.] (Grimelda)

[Whats this Emperor Class your talking about?] (Maescia)

[It is one of the cultivation levels in the 13 Grand Worlds. If we compare it to your world its comparable to those Sovereigns but you dont have to worry about it much at your currently level.] She then remembered something and reminded Maescia [ Its been a couple of minutes already you should probably resume talking to the Demon King he looks worried.] (Grimelda)

When Maescia was reminded by her she remembered the Demon King in front of her.

"Ancestor, I apologise about that. I was just thinking of something."

《Tis' fine. Anyone can receive enlightenment any given moment.》

Replied the Demon King who thought it wss a moment of enlightenment, He thought that Maescia must have comprehended something based on how she was staring at the scythe for a quite a while.

Hearing what the Demon King said, Maescia inwardly breathe a sigh of relief as she didn't know what excuse to make to apologise for neglecting the Demon King.

《Little Mae's Armament looks powerful. It's also interesting how it gives a faint aura of Death. Only the Acedia one should have such an Aura...》The Demon King muttered the last one but Maescia still heard it and was a bit startled but before she could think of an excuse the Demon King continued, 《Well no matter, Anyway Little Mae should have some affinity for the Death Attribute if you have a chance you should look for the Insignia of Acedia》

"Wait Ancestor there are others like this?" Maescia asked kinda starled as she heard that the Insignia of Tristitia had such powerful abilities enough to rank it high among divine armaments the existence of another shocked her. It was the same for Grimelda she didnt think that this world would have such high ranking Armaments.

《If I remember correctly there should be 9 of them.》

Said the Demon King who lost most of his memories.

...
...
..