Chapter 13 : Departure and Farewell

Grimelda then spoke of her suspicions to Maescia based on her hypothesis and information she knows.

[There is a huge chance that, the 9 Sins Demon Sovereign was not a person of this world.] (Grimelda)

[What do you mean?] (Maescia)

[The fact that no one knows of his origins and no one knows of him before he became a Sovereign is suspicious not to mention the fact that he has 9 items that are comparable to Divine Artifacts with him.] (Grimelda)

[So your saying that he came from a higher ranked world... wait if thats the case then he came from the 13 Grand Worlds?!] Another voice exclaimed from within.

[If we think of the various information we have about him there is a huge chance he is. Well there is also the possibility that he was just given those items by an expert from another world or information about his exploits in his youth were destroyed and not passed down in history.] (Grimelda)

Maescia thought of Grimelda's words. Based on what she is saying there is a huge chance that a person from the grand worlds came down into Yurushia.

What Grimelda told her made sense as if the Demon Sovereign possessed enough might why didnt he came out before to protect his race. Even if he wasnt a Sovereign yet there should be records of his exploits as the Sovereigns of the other races shouldn't be targetting him yet as they were only worried about the other sovereigns and the Demon Sovereign was only targetted when he started to fight the other Sovereigns and showed his prowess which the other Sovereigns took notice off.

There was also the fact that he couldnt have performed those achievement like fighting 4 sovereigns at once without strength and the only way he could have gotten those are from adventures into ancient tombs of experts and ruins of fallen organizations. There was no way for him to get the needed items without competing with the experts the other races so how did he get so strong?

[AN: Basically she is saying that there was no reason why the Demon Sovereign wouldnt show himself as the other Sovereign of the other races wouldnt target him as they are occupied and even if he was worried about the other experts of the other races. He also couldnt get that strong without resources aside from adventuring into ruins, tombs, etc. With the situation of being oppressed by the other races.]

[Well regardless thats of the past and it doesnt matter what we think of we cant confirm it anyway. You should focus on whats in the present.] (Grimelda)

Towards Grimelda's words Maescia agreed.

The past few days Maescia was trained by the Demon King in using the Insignia and as time passes Maescia was slowly getting used to it.

Based on her training with the Demon King she learned more ways on how to use the insignias and the Demon King also inparted his experiences in using it to Maescia.

Based on her training the Insignia's ability are mainly of Illusions and Projections. Maescia was able to project illusions and create various weapons based on what she is thinking about into reality. Of the two, Projections were harder to do as she needed more concentration and [Energy] to be able to give substance to her illusions making them real and deal damage.

She also found another way of using her illusions besides deceiving and that is through mental attacks. In this attacks she can give the opponent Hallucinations that can distract them and to those weaker than her it seems possible to trap them in illusions basically making them mentally incapable of they get lost in them.

During this time she also found out that she can use magic (well she already found out from Laura) and was taught by the Demon King (the demon race has a high affinity towards dark magic) some high level spells that she had began to practice as well. Laura had also taught her some of her magic from her world and it seemed Maescia could also use them here as their worlds were pretty similar.

Based on what Maescia heard from the demon king it seems that the demon race has high affinity towards the Dark Element. When she heard this she thought of her sister Leicia who uses the opposite of the Dark Element, the Holy Element to cast her spells. Apparently it was due to their human lineage that allowed them to have an affinity for the holy element which is near impossible for a full blooded demon to have. The Demon King also remarked that its possible for Maescia's sisters to possess the darkness attribute and be able to cultivate the [Demonia] energy of demons should their Bloodline as part of the Demon Race awaken.

As the days passed it was finally time for Maescia to leave this independent space and reunite with her sisters.

《So its finally time for you to go Little Mae》 The old Demon King said with a gentle smile.

"Ancestor is there really no way for you to come with me out of here?" Said Maescia with a sad expression, during her stay here she had gotten close to the Demon King and she started to think of him as a grandfather(which is not wrong as he is her great-great-something grandfather) and she thought of him as her clase family similar to her mother and siblings.

《Little Mae, we already talked about this there is no way for this old man to leave this place as of now don't be sad if its fated we shall meet again.》

Seeing as there is really no way Maescia bursts into tears and cried.

《Silly child, there is nothing to cry about. for every encounter there is always a parting. Plus this old man has been long dead, I should have long been departed from this world.》 The old demon king said with a gentle smile as he hugged the crying Maescia.

A couple of minutes later Maescia finally regained her composure but he face is still sad and finally it was time for her to go.

《Child this is only one of the many partings you will experience in this world throughout your journey it maybe sad at times. But remember with every end there is a new beginning. If fate would allow us we shall meet again.》

"Grandfather, I promise that I will come back here once I gained enough strength and take you out of here." Maescia said with new found resolve.

The thought back to their  conversation last night

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"Hey ancestor, wanna come with me outside when I leave?" Said Maescia as she lay down on the ground exhausted after sparring with the Demon King during training.

《Silly Child, although I wished to go with you it is impossible.》 The demon kind replied while patting her hair that is rested on his legs as he gives her a lap pillow.

"What... do you mean?" (Maescia)

《You see my soul is bounded to this place. As such I cannot leave unless someone who helps is a Sovereign and even if thats the case its still difficult as my soul was injured back then.》

"Then if thats the case I only need to be sovereign right?" (Maescis)

《Haha, little girl its not that easy you know?》The demon king replied with a gentle laugh.

"Mou, you dont believe me?" Maescia said with a slight pout.

《No no no, I believe you.》 The Demon king replied with his usual gentle smile.

" You clearly dont!"

The laughter of the old man and Maescia's voice resounded in the independent space.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

The Demon King looks at Maescia's disappearing back as she heads towards the exit of the space where he already showed her where it was before.

As he looks towards that back he mutters to himself.

《Little one, I'm afraid I don't have much time... maybe the next time you come here I won't be here...》 The demon king said sadly.

...
...