chapter 19

Edited

NIKOLAI POV

The light in the room was shining in my face, I squinted my eyes then slowly open them. I sat up and rub the sleep away from my face, then stood up and my head started pounding. I quickly went through the draw, took out my pills and I took them with a cup of water that was on the table.

"Fuck my head hurt" I groan then run my hand through my hair, I look around to see if I saw Serena but she wasn't in the room. I looked at the time and saw that it was 7 in the morning. Serena never wakes up this early. Maybe she's with Adriana or Bella. I left the room and went downstairs to Adriana's room and knocked on her door.

Fuck what happened last night I just went for a drink and took a couple of shots then Amy came up to me. She tried to seduce me and I kept on telling her to go away. Then I took another sip of my drink and my head started pounding and then I started seeing blurriness. I fainted. What happened last when I came home? I don't have a clue.

"Adriana" I called the third time and the door opened revealing a tired and sleepy Adrian.

"What?" She asked then yawned.

"Have you seen Serena or is she with you in there?" I asked and she shook her head and closed the door. I sat down on the couch wondering where she was because she was nowhere in the house.

"I swear if I find out that Serena fucking left again I'm going to lock her up this time" I angrily walk up to my office and looked at the footage in our room. I leaned back and watch carefully when she was wandering around in the room, but for what? That's when I came bursting through the door. I watched as she asked me question and I was being rude to her about it. I was getting a bit curious so I skip some of the video and leaned forward.

"I want sex?, what the fuck was I thinking when I told her that... I hate myself for this and Serena probably hates me for it too" I said as I banged my fist against the wall. I felt disgusted with myself. I treated her as if she was nothing or some piece of trash. This is the woman that I'm supposedly getting married to and I think I messed everything up.

"Serena you signed a fucking sex contract, I want Sex!" What the fuck happened to me last night. I was drunk and high and I knew Amy had something to do with this. "Fuck, fuck, fuck I even tried to hit her. I'm supposed to make her feel comfortable and not treat her like how Jace did. That's why she left, I need to get her back. I made her cry and called her a bitch, something I would never do if I was sober. The question is will she ever forgive me?.

I stood up and hit the wall with my fist again. I was so upset with myself she wanted a better life from the first one she had and what did I do I ruined it for her, I hurt her. I picked up the glass and threw it and it broke into pieces. I swear Amy had something to do with this I'm going to make her suffer.

"Nikolai are you ok?" I heard Matteo asked and I couldn't answer I just stood there not moving, let's just say that I was dumbfounded. He walked in and step over the pieces of glass on the floor.

"What happened?" He asked and I glared at him.

"I don't want to talk just go and find Serena and send my other men to go and look for Amy, bring her back here" I ordered and he nodded and left. I sat back down on the chair and rest my head on the desk. I don't want to move I just sat there the whole day thinking about what I had done. So wrong I just hope she'll forgive me.

SERENA POV

I walk up to my best friend's doorstep and ring the bell I was so angry with Nikolai and I was scared at the same time. Someone could be out here watching me and then boom they kidnap me. I wrap my hands around my waist and waited for the door to open.

"Coming" I hear her say and then the door opened. Alice stared at me blankly and I smiled sheepishly at her.

"Aren't you gonna invite me in?" I asked and she steps aside. I walk in and she closed the door.

"Oh my god Serena where have you been I missed you so much" she squeals then hugged me. She held on to my hand and walk me over to the couch, we then sat down and I started to cry.

"Serena, what happened to you?" She asked as she held my chin up. I felt so hurt and stupid for falling for him.

"I was kidnapped by a Mafia a- and" I couldn't finish my sentence I just kept on crying. She looked at me with so much worry in her eyes and just gave me a hug.

"You can tell me later ok," she said softly and I nodded and sob into her chest.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" she asked and I nodded and smiled.

"Just a cup of coffee" I mumbled and she nodded and stood up. "Wait! Can I have a bath first?" I asked and she nodded once again.

"I don't want to feel like a burden so I'm going to get a job and stay in a hotel".

"No you can stay here as long as you want and I can also give you a job at a restaurant"

"Thank you so much, Alice, your the best," I said then left. I went into the bathroom and took off all my clothes. While looking into the mirror I looked at all the love bites all over my body. I hated looking at myself, he made me feel like I was thing that he could just use and throw away and he was forcing me to have sex with him. I wipe away the tears that were about to fall and walk over to where the shower was.

I freshened up and went back downstairs where Alice and a tall guy stood I slowly walk down the stairs and she turned towards me.

"Oh, Serena this is Augustine my boyfriend" she smiled and I look up at him and he gave me a welcoming smile but somehow I didn't trust him. I sat back down on the couch and she gave me my cup of coffee.

"Hi," I said dryly then turned on the TV, I felt the couch dip and look over to my left side to see that Augustine guy. I uncomfortably shift in my seat while he stares intently at me.
Weirdo

"You guys can get along while I go and have a bath," Alice said before she left. I sip my coffee while watching the news and the weirdo spoke.

"So Serena are you Alice's best friend?" He asked in his Russian voice and I nodded not making any eye contact. He placed his hand on my leg and my head snap, looking down at his hand. He started moving it slowly and I was starting to feel uncomfortable. I didn't know what were his intentions so I stood up quickly.

"Are you watching the TV because I'm going to my bed" I muttered and he nodded. I place the cup down and walk up the stairs then turn left to where the guest room was. I walked in and made sure the door was locked in case that weirdo tries to enter. I really thought that my life would be better with Nikolai but I guess not and to come to think of it, they are two cold-blooded guys are looking for me. Nikolai and Jace. I know that one of them is going to find me someday but which one?.

As soon as a laid down on the bed I closed my eyes and sleep consumed me.
•••••••••••

Which one of them is going to find her first?