chapter 24

SERENA POV

I woke up a bit early today, even though I was still tired, I watched Nikolai as he got dressed in his black suit. I had nothing else to do since Nikolai wouldn't let me do anything fun. I yawned then stood up and walk into the bathroom, I brushed my teeth then combed my hair into a messy bun and got dressed. I walked over to Nikolai and looked up at him.

"Where are you going?" I asked and he hesitated for a moment but answered.

"I'm going to Alice place to find out a few things about Augustine," he said and I simply smiled at him.

"Can I come?" I asked. I knew he wouldn't want me to go but it was worth a shot and if he didn't let me I would just constantly nag him.

"No Serena it's dangerous, it's best if you stay here with Adriana and pick out a wedding dress or whatever you girls do," he said and I huffed.

"Please, In fact, how are you going to get her to talk?" I asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Easy if Augustine isn't there I will torture her to tell where he is" he simply said and I groan.

"Please, she's my best friend, if you let me come I'll surprise you with something tonight" I whispered then kissed his lips and he groaned, pulling me closer to him.

"Ok, I'll let you come but you'll have to stay by my side," he said and I smirked. Ha, he thinks that I'm surprising him with something that has to do with sex. I went downstairs into the kitchen and took up an apple. I was about to take a bite when someone took it away from my hand. I stared at Nikolai as he took a bite and handed it back to me.

"Couldn't you just get one yourself?" I asked then took a bite as well. He shrugged and ignored my question.

"Let's go now" he mumbled, I rolled my eyes and followed behind him. We got into the car and Vladimir drove off. We were going to get married soon and I just couldn't believe what I was about to do. I never thought my life would be like this, not at all.

"What if I didn't want to marry you?" I asked suddenly, don't even know why but I did.

"It's not your decision to make if I say marry me you will," he said and it irritated me, I know he doesn't mean it but did he have to be so cocky, bastard. The car had finally stop and I got out and slammed the door shut, not caring if Nikolai got angry, he was mean.

"Serena" he warned and I rolled my eyes and stood one place waiting for him to come.

"Ok, ok I'm sorry, fatass" I mumbled the last part and he glared at me. I do like his ass though, just look at his he walks. I bit my lip then slap his ass and he turned to look at me. I sheepishly smiled at him and he shook his head.

"Why did you do that?" He asked and I shrugged "I hope when I do it, you don't complain and stop checking out my ass" he groans as he rang the doorbell. The door opened and Alice looks at Nikolai then back at me.

"What do you want Serena?" she asked and I was about to answer when Nikolai cut me off.

"We just want to ask you a couple of questions" Nikolai walked inside not caring if she told him to come in or not. I followed behind him and she closed the door.

"I will look around and then I'll get back to you," he said then went upstairs.

Is he the guy you were talking about?" She asked and I nodded "why are you guys here is it about Augustine?" I nodded once again and she sighed.

"Alice he's not a good guy he works with Jace and he doesn't love you at all"

"He does love me you just don't get it, he'll never work for Jace I tell you"